Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 »

Henry Trinder has moved to French side RC Vannes
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I hope Trinder can stay fit out there and enjoy some rugby. Such a shame what injuries have done to his career. In full flow he is a very classy centre. Trinder and George Lowe (former Quin who retired in his mid-twenties) were two 13s that I thought could have an England future when they first broke into Premiership rugby.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ABClub wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:13 pm I hope Trinder can stay fit out there and enjoy some rugby. Such a shame what injuries have done to his career. In full flow he is a very classy centre. Trinder and George Lowe (former Quin who retired in his mid-twenties) were two 13s that I thought could have an England future when they first broke into Premiership rugby.
Agreed, England haven't had much luck with 13's over the years when you consider Tuilagi and Ollie Smith are/were injury plagued too
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Sale Sharks are announcing a new player on Wednesday, with the rose indicating that it's an England international. Wonder who it could be?

https://twitter.com/SaleSharksRugby/sta ... 03207?s=19
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 pm
ABClub wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:13 pm I hope Trinder can stay fit out there and enjoy some rugby. Such a shame what injuries have done to his career. In full flow he is a very classy centre. Trinder and George Lowe (former Quin who retired in his mid-twenties) were two 13s that I thought could have an England future when they first broke into Premiership rugby.
Agreed, England haven't had much luck with 13's over the years when you consider Tuilagi and Ollie Smith are/were injury plagued too
Centre and back row in general have very high attrition rates in the pro era. You rarely go many phases in either position without being involved in collisions these days.

Tactics often get criticised in that regard (sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly) but improving fitness plays a huge role as well. The sheer number of phases, tackles, breakdowns in the modern game is insane.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

thunderbirds wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm Sale Sharks are announcing a new player on Wednesday, with the rose indicating that it's an England international. Wonder who it could be?

Itoje?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

thunderbirds wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm Sale Sharks are announcing a new player on Wednesday, with the rose indicating that it's an England international. Wonder who it could be?

As long as its not any of our players !
I'm not cynical just experienced
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:19 pm Henry Trinder has moved to French side RC Vannes
Vannes (on the south coast of Brittany, which isn’t exactly known for rugby) are currently leaders of ProD2 and will be one of the favourites for promotion to the Top14. Former Tiger centre, Andrew Symons plays for Vannes along with Nick Abendanon.
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I'm guessing not a new player and just a new deal for Manu.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:03 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 pm Bath fans on their messageboard saying Henry Thomas is looking at leaving them end of season.
If Tigers are looking tightheads might be of interest.
Are we look for a tighthead? I thought our prop options were pretty done for next season.

1. Genge, van Wyk, Whitcombe
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd

Leatigaga able to play both sides.

7 good props and then it's just whether we retain Dimen. Rowntree the younger is in the development squad as well.

Given salary cap savings need to be made I thought that would leave us in a good position. Bower and Marfo is both assume to be off.
With Genge involved in England for me we need 8 props personally.
Whitcombe and Hurd both have looked good, but Whitcombe has played a total of 66 minutes of senior rugby and Hurd 33 minutes, Leatigaga is very handy to have but injuries do happen and for some reason prop injuries can tend to put them out

Dimen hasn't yet played for Nottingham
Rowntree in terms of development shouldn't even be mentioned yet when talking about senior props.
If Genge is the concern then maybe Bower or Marfo will stick around for another year. Either would be a cost effective injury cover option. If Genge is the concern then Thomas probably isn't the answer.

Hopefully Dimen starts getting game time at Notts soon, does anyone know if he's had an injury?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:10 pm

As long as its not any of our players !
Well both Ford and Genge were mentioned once in the comments but seriously doubt either of those are moving.

On the comments by their fans it's split between a Manu extension and a Tight Head.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:35 pm

I'm guessing not a new player and just a new deal for Manu.
That’s my assumption also.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Are we look for a tighthead? I thought our prop options were pretty done for next season.

1. Genge, van Wyk, Whitcombe
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd

Leatigaga able to play both sides.

7 good props and then it's just whether we retain Dimen. Rowntree the younger is in the development squad as well.

Given salary cap savings need to be made I thought that would leave us in a good position. Bower and Marfo is both assume to be off.
Whitcombe and Hurd both have looked good, but Whitcombe has played a total of 66 minutes of senior rugby and Hurd 33 minutes, Leatigaga is very handy to have but injuries do happen and for some reason prop injuries can tend to put them out

Rowntree in terms of development shouldn't even be mentioned yet when talking about senior props.
If Genge is the concern then maybe Bower or Marfo will stick around for another year. Either would be a cost effective injury cover option. If Genge is the concern then Thomas probably isn't the answer.

Hopefully Dimen starts getting game time at Notts soon, does anyone know if he's had an injury?

Doubt that judging by current game time though.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 pm

How many games is the squad/injury cover player going to play? Find someone with a good work ethic and who can be fairly reliable and then wait for the development lad players to push on past then.

I suppose it'll depend on how much cap we've got allocated to fill the position.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:38 pm If Genge is the concern then maybe Bower or Marfo will stick around for another year. Either would be a cost effective injury cover option. If Genge is the concern then Thomas probably isn't the answer.

I think of the 2, Marfo is much more likely to be retained, (and he's unlikely). Bower we've not seen hide nor hair of in months, and has comfortably been outplayed numerous times by others in our squad. Marfo, could (and I stress could) have come in with one or two fitness concerns, he'd essentially been 12 months without a club before he came to us, it may be he's working with Aled still a bit if he wasn't quite match ready so he may have a tiny bit of leeway from SB.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.