Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by kk20gb30 »

Saints Academy contract for Nadolo's 128kg cousin ....

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/nemani-n ... willemsen/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Melbourne Reds’ Toomua v Western Force’s Olowofela earlier today with a one point win for Olowofela!
Semper in excretia
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Dave Attwood extends Bristol deal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56693767
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Former Tigers academy lad Matt Everard is too leave Wasps as Transition, Skills and breakdown coach.
Will be a good signing for someone.

Wonder if he might take up the Nottingham head coach role?
Done a great job with the Wasps academy though developing a proper system in a new area. If Harrison was to get the scrum coach role full time would love him to take Harrison academy role but might feel a step down for him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bath fans on their messageboard saying Henry Thomas is looking at leaving them end of season.
If Tigers are looking tightheads might be of interest.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 pm Bath fans on their messageboard saying Henry Thomas is looking at leaving them end of season.
Not a strong scrummager to not sure tigers will take him.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 pm Bath fans on their messageboard saying Henry Thomas is looking at leaving them end of season.
Are we look for a tighthead? I thought our prop options were pretty done for next season.

1. Genge, van Wyk, Whitcombe
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd

Leatigaga able to play both sides.

7 good props and then it's just whether we retain Dimen. Rowntree the younger is in the development squad as well.

Given salary cap savings need to be made I thought that would leave us in a good position. Bower and Marfo is both assume to be off.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Henry Thomas,the worlds most frightened TH? No thanks! Terrified of scrummaging
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 pm
Are we look for a tighthead? I thought our prop options were pretty done for next season.

1. Genge, van Wyk, Whitcombe
3. Cole, Heyes, Hurd

Leatigaga able to play both sides.

7 good props and then it's just whether we retain Dimen. Rowntree the younger is in the development squad as well.

Given salary cap savings need to be made I thought that would leave us in a good position. Bower and Marfo is both assume to be off.
With Genge involved in England for me we need 8 props personally.
Whitcombe and Hurd both have looked good, but Whitcombe has played a total of 66 minutes of senior rugby and Hurd 33 minutes, Leatigaga is very handy to have but injuries do happen and for some reason prop injuries can tend to put them out

Dimen hasn't yet played for Nottingham
Rowntree in terms of development shouldn't even be mentioned yet when talking about senior props.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’d rather have Paul Doran Jones 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Is Thomas poor in the scrum? His injury record is rough in recent seasons but not his scrummaging IMO. Thomas has excellent hands for a prop and shows up well in the loose but can certainly scrummage as well from what I've seen.

Neal Hatley is regarded as one of the best scrum coaches in the world and hasn't had qualms about picking Thomas since he's regained fitness.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

On prop depth I think we need another senior prop with Genge away on England duty.

Leatigaga being able to cover both sides means that could be a loosehead or tighthead signing which is useful though. Wasps have a lot of looseheads out of contract. I'd happily take Simon McIntyre of Zurab Zhavania. Thomas if his injuries mean he's looking for a lower contract could be worth a punt.

As an outside bet I mentioned on a discussion of Franco Smith that I reckon Tiziano Pasquali could fill a role as third choice tighthead excellently. A similar job to the one that Michele Rizzo did on the loosehead so effectively when required.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:31 pm Is Thomas poor in the scrum? His injury record is rough in recent seasons but not his scrummaging IMO. Thomas has excellent hands for a prop and shows up well in the loose but can certainly scrummage as well from what I've seen.

Neal Hatley is regarded as one of the best scrum coaches in the world and hasn't had qualms about picking Thomas since he's regained fitness.
Shocking! Always has been. Looks as if he’s actually scared of scrummaging. I’ve lost count of the times at WR he’s been schooled. Decent around the field and some nice offloads but I want my TH to scrummage first and foremost and he’s not a Tigers TH for me at all.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 pm On prop depth I think we need another senior prop with Genge away on England duty.

Leatigaga being able to cover both sides means that could be a loosehead or tighthead signing which is useful though. Wasps have a lot of looseheads out of contract. I'd happily take Simon McIntyre of Zurab Zhavania. Thomas if his injuries mean he's looking for a lower contract could be worth a punt.

As an outside bet I mentioned on a discussion of Franco Smith that I reckon Tiziano Pasquali could fill a role as third choice tighthead excellently. A similar job to the one that Michele Rizzo did on the loosehead so effectively when required.
I’d have Tiz back over Thomas every day and twice on a Sunday
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leatigaga has had surgery - knee surgery could easily be 6+ months out

Genge Likely to be with England

Heyes was in the Shadow squad may be in the full squad come the Autumn nations

Bower not seen hide nor hair of him since very early season so expect him to be announced leaving soon.

Marfo only signed for the remainder of the season

Based on that it is fully possible that the Autumn Internationals the props may look like this, which would be very light.

LH: Van Wyk, Whitcombe
TH: Cole, Hurd, (Dimen), (Rowntree)

If the club aren't trying to sign a prop I'd be surprised. Obviously they know more on Leatigaga's return and Heyes may not be in the England set up by then, but seriously if we're not looking at a prop for either side as our top priority I'd be surprised. Marfo if he's impressing may be one but think they may be at least one more coming.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.