Kiran McDonald to England Wasps
Hamish Bain released
Robbie Fergusson released
Rob Harley released
Tom Lambert released
Ewan McQuillin released
Grant Stewart released

Not sure anyone I would really want.
Harleys decent but we’re well stocked there. Don’t know any of the others.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by ABClub »

Stewart's a solid hooker who would probably be a slight step up on TCD as a squad player from what I've seen as both. Not that I think TCD has done badly, but living in Scotland now I've seen Stewart play a few times and seen a bit more from him.

Realistically we do need that 5th senior hooker in case Montoya and Dolly get called up, whilst Vanes hopefully keeps getting Championship game time with Notts.

Hooker and prop depth are areas where I'm quite happy for the club to consider loan signings, such as TCD, as and when necessary though. They're positions where squad level cover can often be found in the Championship and stronger cover than that can often be found in emergencies as required. We got Genge, de Bruin and Aguero as short term prop cover for instance.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Van Rensburg has left the Sharks (Sale) to join the Sharks. Didn’t really work out at Sale but a top player at his best
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:58 pm Van Rensburg has left the Sharks (Sale) to join the Sharks. Didn’t really work out at Sale but a top player at his best
With his previous is he actually going to the Lions then....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

SA lock Irne Herbst joins Quins from Bennetton
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Just noticed Aaron Hinkley is on trial at Saints, hasn’t worked out for him at Exeter, but he’s some player if he can rediscover his Gloucester and England U20 form.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:15 pm Just noticed Aaron Hinkley is on trial at Saints, hasn’t worked out for him at Exeter, but he’s some player if he can rediscover his Gloucester and England U20 form.
Was very good in their victory against Quins. Came on early doors for Augustus
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:15 pm Just noticed Aaron Hinkley is on trial at Saints, hasn’t worked out for him at Exeter, but he’s some player if he can rediscover his Gloucester and England U20 form.
Hinckley looked just as talented as the Curry's at age grade. Such a shame how injury has stalled his career. I really hope he can stay fit and fulfil that potential.

With players that talented sometimes staying on the field, being fit to train, play and progress is all they need to do.

I'd put Ilione in a similar bracket of 'that talented' there. Hopefully he can stay fit and reach the heights he looks capable of.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Matt Garvey retires.
Always rated this guy , perhaps a little unfortunate not to achieve greater recognition :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61381146
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-r ... players-4/

Connacht have announced their leavers list.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:23 pm
Hinckley looked just as talented as the Curry's at age grade. Such a shame how injury has stalled his career. I really hope he can stay fit and fulfil that potential.

With players that talented sometimes staying on the field, being fit to train, play and progress is all they need to do.

I'd put Ilione in a similar bracket of 'that talented' there. Hopefully he can stay fit and reach the heights he looks capable of.
Hinckley looked good off the bench for Saints the other week. It might well be as you say that given regular game time he'll start to flourish and reach his potential.

Ilione does seem to pick up injuries, could just be his all action style of play. If he can stay fit for a decent period hopefully he'll develop physically enough to help mitigate that. Agree he looks a special talent.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... 22-leavers

Edinburgh leavers list:
Ben Toolis - Japan
Magnus Bradbury - Bristol
James Johnstone - ?
George Taylor - retired
Ramiro Moyano - ?
Nathan Chamberlain- ?
Sam Grahamslaw - ?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:11 am https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... 22-leavers

Edinburgh leavers list:
Ben Toolis - Japan
Magnus Bradbury - Bristol
James Johnstone - ?
George Taylor - retired
Ramiro Moyano - ?
Nathan Chamberlain- ?
Sam Grahamslaw - ?
Sam Grahamslaw is a name I haven't read in a while! Might have made a good Premiership player, if not for a move to Scotland.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Moyano would be a good player to sign
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Grahamslaw could still make a good Prem LH in my opinion. Given when he converted and being tall for a LH it will take time. A good signing there for a Championship club.

Moyano would be a strong upgrade on Hegarty as Steward's back up or as a wing option ahead of Ashton. Ashton has been good but was very out of place defensively at times against Leinster. In those big games a back three player such as Moyano would be an important improvement.