Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4331
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by sam16111986 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm

ourla wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm
I know a Quins STH that very much as his ear to the ground. Tells me it was a bolt of the blue and didn't see it coming.
Bolt from the blue? There's been rumours for about a week he's going to be the new Wales defence coach.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 pm

sam16111986 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
ourla wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm
I know a Quins STH that very much as his ear to the ground. Tells me it was a bolt of the blue and didn't see it coming.
Bolt from the blue? There's been rumours for about a week he's going to be the new Wales defence coach.
They need one! Looks to me like they are definitely missing Edwards more than Gatland

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6594
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by JP14 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:25 am

Or he'll go back to Sarries to plug the gap left by Sanderson.

I for one am very disappointed it hasn't worked well for him at Quins, seems to me that players have too much influence and perhaps weren't as committed to their job as Guzzy was.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Cagey Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1956
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Cagey Tiger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm

sam16111986 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
ourla wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm
I know a Quins STH that very much as his ear to the ground. Tells me it was a bolt of the blue and didn't see it coming.
Bolt from the blue? There's been rumours for about a week he's going to be the new Wales defence coach.
Also rumours that Gethin Jenkins is going to get the job.

Dokie
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 am

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Dokie » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
ourla wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm
I know a Quins STH that very much as his ear to the ground. Tells me it was a bolt of the blue and didn't see it coming.
Bolt from the blue? There's been rumours for about a week he's going to be the new Wales defence coach.
Also rumours that Gethin Jenkins is going to get the job.
BBC sport says Gethin’s been offered it

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4331
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by sam16111986 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:26 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
ourla wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm
I know a Quins STH that very much as his ear to the ground. Tells me it was a bolt of the blue and didn't see it coming.
Bolt from the blue? There's been rumours for about a week he's going to be the new Wales defence coach.
They need one! Looks to me like they are definitely missing Edwards more than Gatland
Agreed. Edwards is the big loss to Wales. You only need to look at the improvements in the French team since Edwards joined to see how he can build a defence quickly.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 pm

Care re-signs for Quins

ay2oh
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:53 am
Location: leicester

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by ay2oh » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Care re-signs for Quins
Is it coincidence that he has signed as soon as Gustard has left
A2O

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6594
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by JP14 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm

If I was a Quins supporter, I would be very angry if the Club chose Care and Marler over Gustard.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Cagey Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1956
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: South Lincolnshire

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Cagey Tiger » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:05 pm

JP14 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm
If I was a Quins supporter, I would be very angry if the Club chose Care and Marler over Gustard.
Agreed but why have you chosen just those two? I've not seen anything to single out those two only. What if it was also Brown and Smith, say? At what point do you reach the tipping point?

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Tiglon » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:05 pm
JP14 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm
If I was a Quins supporter, I would be very angry if the Club chose Care and Marler over Gustard.
Agreed but why have you chosen just those two? I've not seen anything to single out those two only. What if it was also Brown and Smith, say? At what point do you reach the tipping point?
Agree with JP, to a point. Care and Marler are not the future of Quins.

However, one of the key requirements of any leader is getting your people to buy into your dream. If you can't do that, then it doesn't matter how brilliant your vision is.

To build on what Cagey says, if your two most senior players are openly not happy, then they are probably just the vocal tip of the iceberg.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:02 pm

ay2oh wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:41 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Care re-signs for Quins
Is it coincidence that he has signed as soon as Gustard has left
+1

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by kk20gb30 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:23 am

Louis Picamoles to leave Montpellier ?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/report-france-st ... -the-move/

Would be nice to see him this side of the Channel once more , but should a move happen another French club the most likely option.Montpellier too, seem set for a season of change with a new coach coming in and other possible departures.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4331
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by sam16111986 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

kk20gb30 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:23 am
Louis Picamoles to leave Montpellier ?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/report-france-st ... -the-move/

Would be nice to see him this side of the Channel once more , but should a move happen another French club the most likely option.Montpellier too, seem set for a season of change with a new coach coming in and other possible departures.
Northampton could certainly do with him back. 35 in February though so can understand why Montpellier are letting his contract expire and not offering him another bumper pay day.

For once I'm not thinking I hope we get that half decent 8. Weise has been exceptional since he's joined and really has that shirt nailed down.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4920
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by Scott1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:59 pm

sam16111986 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am
kk20gb30 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:23 am
Louis Picamoles to leave Montpellier ?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/report-france-st ... -the-move/

Would be nice to see him this side of the Channel once more , but should a move happen another French club the most likely option.Montpellier too, seem set for a season of change with a new coach coming in and other possible departures.
Northampton could certainly do with him back. 35 in February though so can understand why Montpellier are letting his contract expire and not offering him another bumper pay day.

For once I'm not thinking I hope we get that half decent 8. Weise has been exceptional since he's joined and really has that shirt nailed down.
I’d take him for a season and play him at 6!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests