Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Post by strawclearer »

Gloucester's Italy forward Jake Polledri has returned to the Premiership club for a serious knee injury to be assessed.
So - sadly we won't be seeing him at Welford Road. Sadly - we won't be seeing any of them, of course.

Wish him well for what's described as a "significant knee ligament injury".
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:02 pm Gloucester's Italy forward Jake Polledri has returned to the Premiership club for a serious knee injury to be assessed.

So - sadly we won't be seeing him at Welford Road. Sadly - we won't be seeing any of them, of course.

Wish him well for what's described as a "significant knee ligament injury".
Hate to see bad injuries wish him all the best!

Fingers crossed tommorow we get a full compliment of players at our training ground!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

...football has suffered from a plethora of long term injuries and it will be interesting to see if this is replicated in the rugby bubble!!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Quite a few questions spring to mind. Are we even back in training ? Who’s fit ? How many coaches have we got left ? Will we have a game plan ?

When the fixtures were announced, I had hope for a home win then at least a losing bonus at the Madjeski. Sadly it can’t see it now.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:36 pm Quite a few questions spring to mind. Are we even back in training ? Who’s fit ? How many coaches have we got left ? Will we have a game plan ?

When the fixtures were announced, I had hope for a home win then at least a losing bonus at the Madjeski. Sadly it can’t see it now.
In the LTTV interview it was stated the following answers to this

Are we even back training? All players are training at home until Today (17th) when those who pass yesterdays Covid test are allowed to train together fully again.

Who's fit? Think they announced who has injuries etc, the results of testing should have been ready in the early hours this morning so I'm hopeful Bondi will share some training ground pics today.

Coaches we still have SB, AW, MF plus academy coaches filling in for Stankovich and Taylor.

SB clearly stated he had a game plan and he and all the team were working out the best way to prepare everyone. Key point will have been who has passed covid tests, once we know that coaches can properly plan what the team may look like.

Given the covid outbreak I think SB has reassured me that we're in a decent position for the first game. Certainly if it is to be assumed that quite a few clubs at some point will have an outbreak at some point then the fact ours may be over before the season is a good thing
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:36 pm Quite a few questions spring to mind. Are we even back in training ? Who’s fit ? How many coaches have we got left ? Will we have a game plan ?

Coaching staff at the minute:

Head coach - S Borthwick
Assistant forwards coach - B Deacon
Defence coach - M Ford
Interim attack coach - M Smith
Interim assistant scrum coach - T Harrison

Players we know with long term injuries are Lavanini, Martin, Taufua and Moroni. International call ups are Genge, Mamukashvilli, Youngs, Ford, Nadolo and Murimurivalu. We should get a first look at Brink and Bonilla, I think Weise should be here and past his isolation period as well though don't know if he'll picked straight away.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Back at training today following a clear set of results yesterday

No word yet from Premiership rugby on what happens should you be unable to fulfil a fixture and this guidance apparently not due to be released until Friday - which is shamatuer at best...

Not the best build up for sure.....a win from here would be massive
Less is more....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Let's be honest PRL don't really have a track record of being terribly competent.

After the rather limp last home performance, anything better would be a bonus.

Not terribly optimistic, but a upward trajectory in all aspects would be a minimum for me.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It's disappointing that we only have one game broadcast on BT sport this side of Christmas (away to LI). They aren't even covering the clash with the Chiefs which I would have thought was a 'must watch' :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

BT showing Quins v Chiefs on Friday evening and Wasps v Bristol on Sunday. Poor coverage indeed when folks can't get to see anything live. Pity they can't do saturation coverage like they did to finish off last season. Anything being shown elsewhere? I need to see some competitive games instead of these meaningless internationals lol
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

parvacat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am BT showing Quins v Chiefs on Friday evening and Wasps v Bristol on Sunday. Poor coverage indeed when folks can't get to see anything live. Pity they can't do saturation coverage like they did to finish off last season. Anything being shown elsewhere? I need to see some competitive games instead of these meaningless internationals lol
The Tigers game vs Gloucester is on BT Sport Extra 2. Channel 451 on BT or 459 in HD.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Coops wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:34 am
parvacat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am BT showing Quins v Chiefs on Friday evening and Wasps v Bristol on Sunday. Poor coverage indeed when folks can't get to see anything live. Pity they can't do saturation coverage like they did to finish off last season. Anything being shown elsewhere? I need to see some competitive games instead of these meaningless internationals lol
The Tigers game vs Gloucester is on BT Sport Extra 2. Channel 451 on BT or 459 in HD.
Thanks for the heads up; I'll check it out. The Tigers website does not show that the game is covered by BT :smt017
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Injuries/COVID results allowing I reckon our best team would be:

1 Gigena
2 T Youngs
3 Cole
4 Green
5 Wells
6 Reffell
7 Wallace
8 Leibenberg
9 White
10 Henry
11 Potter
12 Scott
13 Porter/Taute
14 Van Wyk
15 Steward

16 Laetigaga
17 Heyes
18 Clare
19 Henderson/Chessum
20 Brink
21 Wigglesworth (if fit)
22 Bonilla (if ready)
23 Porter/Taute

Obviously this squad is just my opinion and I’d be tempted to had Aspland-Robinson if fit and maybe Wiese if he’s ready
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Clearly we have too much choice :smt002
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Not showing on the BT website either, but I'm prepared to believe anything of them. Is it red button time?