Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester

Post by jgriffin »

Sad not to be at WR, if only to have a chat with Bananaman, one of the nicest characters around (win or lose). :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:15 pm What's the weather forecast ? Wet and windy could suit us. Dry could suit Cirpriani, depending on which Cipriani turns up of course. The running magical Cirpriani or the can't do anything for trying Cirpriani.
Dry, not particularly windy, 12 degrees. Should be perfect for rugby.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Looking forward to Wiese munching Cipriani, he’s been good for Cheetahs recently and no discipline issues to speak of.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:51 pm Looking forward to Wiese munching Cipriani, he’s been good for Cheetahs recently and no discipline issues to speak of.
Jinxed him.......
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well yeah whoops...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Snoopydog68
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Snoopydog68 »

Not too sure we'll be able to win this. Hope Tigers prove me wrong. Feel for Ben White. He should be starting but Wigglesworth brought in at the last minute. I'd be gutted if I were him but he will hopefully gain a lot of knowledge going forward from him which can only be good for us. Don't think Borthwick is a fan of the England U20's players from 2018 - Hardwick, Lewis etc. He never plays them together which I think is a shame. Considering they keep banging on about bringing through the academy lads - seems they are only interested in bringing through the current development squad and hanging out the other lads to dry. Well let's see what happens over the next few weeks and see if he can turn the team around so we can start climbing back up the table.

:smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002 :smt002
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’d be surprised if we win tomorrow but hope to see an improved performance compared to last season. Gloucester’s pack looks very decent and we know Matt Garvey always raises his game against us. Their backs know each other and Twelvetrees is another player who raises his game v us. Matt Banahan is another player who nearly always plays very well against us.
On the other hand, this has, because of Covid in our training camp become a “ free shot” to get some fitness and maybe a point.
Irish next week and these few games without our injured players and internationals
need to see some points gained.
Come on Tigers.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

4 Debutants

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ok so there's a lot to be excited about but which of the debutants are we all most looking forward to seeing in a Tiger's shirt.

Personally I think I'm most excited about Wiese. He really impressed me watching the Cheetahs, and I think can be a real powerhouse.
Bonilla I'm also really excited to see if he can create some magic at 10 when he comes on, you never know he may create the opening for that bonus point score.
Brink, it feels like we've been waiting so long for his debut and I am excited, but think coming back from injury we have to temper expectations.
Wigglesworth ok he is starting and I think he can provide much needed support & game management but I have to think coaching is where he'll really prove to be such a good acquisition.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pick these two teams without the covid outbreak, I'd be confident of a Win, as it is I'm a lot more nervous. We have to be disciplined to have a chance. Key thing we have to outlast, outrun and outwork Glaws.

As for White he's got to see Wigglesworth as another person to learn from and develop, then compare himself against him. The best players aren't worried by talent coming in it should motivate people to develop. Without training I would have picked Wigglesworth too, in these situations experience can be invaluable especially at Scrum half where match sharpness is so vital.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

It appears Simmons is not seen as a 9; maybe Borthwick remains to be convinced about White?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I think it would be good to know why Simmons isn't seen as a 9 now, whether it's an issue post his injuries? There is a bit of a bunching in the 9 shirt, the gap between Youngs & White/Simmons is a bit of a hole in the squad, a sign of our Academy issues at the time maybe?
That said the best Scrum half pass on the resumption was by Simmons at Brizzle whilst White was in the bin.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Post by tigerburnie »

Come on you TIGERRRrrrrrssssssssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Fair bit of negativity floating around already which is disappointing.. maybe it's just realism but either way I am going to remain positive until proved wrong.. Tigers have every chance of winning this one for my money.

I am very excited to see that back row combination. Reffell and Liebenberg have impressed me and Wiese will be a great signing imo. Brink will also be great to see in action and will add impact off the bench.

Henry deserves his start at 10 and was very impressive during the closing stages of last season. Wigglesworth seems to be getting a fair bit of negative press but I think his experience and game management will be invaluable. We are definitely missing the core of our backs division (Youngs, Ford, Scott, Nadolo, Muri all would be starters for me) but our back line is so much stronger than during any previous International breaks so I am quietly confident. Steward is a class act with so much potential and Potter and Porter have shown glimpses. Van Wyk will hopefully be a good acquisition.

Our pack is solid and should be well matched with theirs. Both TY and Clare have been in fine form and with Cole and Gigena that's a tasty front row. Subs a bit weak in the front row missing Genge, Mamu and DeB (still in quarantine). Henderson I really rate and is a great prospect so should add a great lineout option and good mobility around the park when he comes on.

I think we have a weak spot in the centres and a few of our subs spots could be stronger but on paper I fancy this one. New season, new coaching set up, new start.

Come on Tigers let's do this.. I mean, I'm missing the England game to watch it so I hope it doesn't disappoint! :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm Fair bit of negativity floating around already which is disappointing.. maybe it's just realism but either way I am going to remain positive until proved wrong.. Tigers have every chance of winning this one for my money.

I am very excited to see that back row combination. Reffell and Liebenberg have impressed me and Wiese will be a great signing imo. Brink will also be great to see in action and will add impact off the bench.

Henry deserves his start at 10 and was very impressive during the closing stages of last season. Wigglesworth seems to be getting a fair bit of negative press but I think his experience and game management will be invaluable. We are definitely missing the core of our backs division (Youngs, Ford, Scott, Nadolo, Muri all would be starters for me) but our back line is so much stronger than during any previous International breaks so I am quietly confident. Steward is a class act with so much potential and Potter and Porter have shown glimpses. Van Wyk will hopefully be a good acquisition.

Our pack is solid and should be well matched with theirs. Both TY and Clare have been in fine form and with Cole and Gigena that's a tasty front row. Subs a bit weak in the front row missing Genge, Mamu and DeB (still in quarantine). Henderson I really rate and is a great prospect so should add a great lineout option and good mobility around the park when he comes on.

I think we have a weak spot in the centres and a few of our subs spots could be stronger but on paper I fancy this one. New season, new coaching set up, new start.

Come on Tigers let's do this.. I mean, I'm missing the England game to watch it so I hope it doesn't disappoint! :smt023
It's primarily realism for me. Whilst there were glimpses of individual performances during the restart we didn't often look like a team - which is understandable bearing in mind the amount of new blood and changes in team personnel on matchday - which has been happening for too long now in my opinion. So we can't expect miracles. I think it would be foolish to think (even hope) that we are suddenly going to be a super competitive team from the off.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:55 pm Fair bit of negativity floating around already which is disappointing.. maybe it's just realism but either way I am going to remain positive until proved wrong.. Tigers have every chance of winning this one for my money.

100% agree. :smt041