Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester

Post by Noggs »

Well respected by players and supporter alike. Why would anyone want to change things? :smt017
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I'd be happy for Youngs to stay as club captain and team captain when playing. When Ford is playing I'd make him co-captain.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am
mol2 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:18 am Possibly but I thought we have signed the Georgian hooker that played against England last weekend?

I suspect that club captain rather than first team captain would be more appropriate and allows easier rotation of the front row in a condensed season.
Yes Mamukashvili played after lockdown a few times for us, but Youngs is no.1 choice.

Just looking at performances and the way the team was being picked pre lockdown
(assuming SB picking teams) Mamukashvili is roughly thought to be on a level with Kerr as 3rd choice behind Youngs and Clare.

Obviously as a newish player he may move up the ranks but don't see him unseating Youngs given how he played post lockdown.

Captain not playing every week for rotation is fine, but Youngs (barring injury) is likely to play a good chunk of the games.
Mamukashvili only joined right at the end of the post lockdown season. I expect he'll be second choice behind Youngs and pushing him for the starting role once he comes back from international duty.

Clare did push himself up the rankings under Borthwick though. Reliable lineout and good scrummaging with a liking for hard work go down well. I suspect the Georgian international might offer some more on top of that though.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Jack Makepeace as man in the middle. I dont know much about the chap. He any good?

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/of ... -of-season
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

Is Cyle Brink now fully fit? I'd think that he would surely start 8 if fit for me. He has to start some point if fit and ready to go. Replace with Wiese if available and blood in these two carrying back rowers.

People are suggesting Wiggy to start, agree if fit and ready. Was there any ban or outcome from the baa baas shenanigans that may affect him? If not, then would start I'd assume.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

PaleoTiger wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:58 pm Is Cyle Brink now fully fit? I'd think that he would surely start 8 if fit for me. He has to start some point if fit and ready to go. Replace with Wiese if available and blood in these two carrying back rowers.

People are suggesting Wiggy to start, agree if fit and ready. Was there any ban or outcome from the baa baas shenanigans that may affect him? If not, then would start I'd assume.
Last I heard Brink was fit and ready to go. I’d expect a back row of Brink, Reffell and Liebenberg with either Wallace or Wiese on the bench - COVID aside.

Don’t think there is a ban for Wiggy - I could see him and Henry start with White and Bonilla on bench
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

happywomble wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:39 pm Jack Makepeace as man in the middle. I dont know much about the chap. He any good?

Don't know him. However given the alternatives (with the honourable exception of Mr Barnes) can he be any worse than the usual lack of inconsistency or incompetence we normally get given from the officials?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

PaleoTiger wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:58 pm Is Cyle Brink now fully fit? I'd think that he would surely start 8 if fit for me. He has to start some point if fit and ready to go. Replace with Wiese if available and blood in these two carrying back rowers.

Yes re: Wigglesworth, an independent body is looking into this and will make a judgement, after gathering all of the evidence. Agree with the Good, the bad and the rugby podcast - why not get those involved to work with community rugby when it all comes back, lord knows it's going to be needed. Having Robshaw at your local club would be amazing. Give them 12 hours community service sentences, rather than look to fine them or ban them from playing.

Wouldn't it be just Tigers' luck if he were banned for a number of games though ! :smt027 :smt022
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

happywomble wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:39 pm Jack Makepeace as man in the middle. I dont know much about the chap. He any good?

He was decent with Dempsey back in the 80s.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:57 pm

He was decent with Dempsey back in the 80s.
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Yorkshire-born Makepeace has refereed in Dubai and Japan before refereeing his first top level game at Parc y Scarlets in 2017.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

PaleoTiger wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:58 pm Is Cyle Brink now fully fit? I'd think that he would surely start 8 if fit for me.
Before he left Murphy talked about him as a flanker that could play 6 or 7 though Brink did cover 8 for the Lions before leaving SA. Liebenburg finished the season well at 8 so might keep that position, particularly if there's been limited time to practice scrums and lineouts. Brink can slot in at 6 and run round hitting people as he gets back up to speed. Maybe have Wallace on the bench to cause havoc in the second half as people get tired and are maybe a little slower to the breakdown.

If Wiese is fit and available maybe have him in the bench in place of a lock and look to up the tempo and physicality in the second half. Glaws tight five is an area of weakness with their unavailable options so we could perhaps target our tactics around attacking their backrow with the hope our front five is on top and being able to bring in two fresh backrow in the second half is hard to keep up with.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

1.Gigena
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Henderson
5.Wells
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Wigglesworth
10.Henry

11.Potter
12.Scott
13.Porter
14.van Wyk
15.Steward

16.Clare
17.Leatigaga
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Brink
21.White
22.Bonilla
23.Taute

Tough on Wallace but there's strength in the back row even with Taufua injured.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

parvacat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:57 am Not showing on the BT website either, but I'm prepared to believe anything of them. Is it red button time?
It’s definitely on BT Sport Extra 2. That’s the red button if watching on Sky (can’t record or live pause) and channel 451 on BT TV. Showing on their TV listings too now if it wasn’t before
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:46 pm 1.Gigena
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Henderson
5.Wells
6.Liebenberg
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Wigglesworth
10.Henry

11.Potter
12.Scott
13.Porter
14.van Wyk
15.Steward

16.Clare
17.Leatigaga
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Brink
21.White
22.Bonilla
23.Taute

Tough on Wallace but there's strength in the back row even with Taufua injured.
Like this a lot.. gets my vote. Will be great to see Wiese, Bonilla and Brink. Great options to have
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!