TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tom, Pinchen and Borthwick LTTV special tonight 8:30 PM

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Not one to enjoy smoke being blown, where the sun doesn't reach...
You can't spin half the coaching team leaving a week before a new season.
Well you won’t if you never intend to believe anything that’s being said.
But we were told not so long ago of a new golden age, that's my point, either that was a crock, or today is, or more worryingly both potentially are.
I won't be abandoning the club, I stuck by my football team through the doldrums & all is good again now there, i just have no time for spin.
Every other clubs supporters must be in agony laughing at Tigers at present.
Maybe that golden age is about to happen. Unless you can see in to the future, you won’t know. It seems strange how you’re so negative when your football team turned things around so you know it can be done.

I couldn’t care less what other clubs fans think of us- they are probably jealous of our history and how big we are. Whatever the reason for them laughing at us, who cares?!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Not one to enjoy smoke being blown, where the sun doesn't reach...
You can't spin half the coaching team leaving a week before a new season.
But we were told not so long ago of a new golden age, that's my point, either that was a crock, or today is, or more worryingly both potentially are.
I won't be abandoning the club, I stuck by my football team through the doldrums & all is good again now there, i just have no time for spin.
Wayne, I would be more concerned if all this was happening without any acknowledgement of mistakes. Paddy Howard did a review of the Club and reported back to the board....quite ruthless is how it has been described with the necessity for change. Errors have been recognised and significant changes have been made at Board, Coaching and Playing Levels.
Borthwick described Tigers like an oil tanker which was heading in the wrong direction. He believes that it is turning towards the right direction but will take time.
A very good listen to his vision and attitude.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Wayne, I would be more concerned if all this was happening without any acknowledgement of mistakes. Paddy Howard did a review of the Club and reported back to the board....quite ruthless is how it has been described with the necessity for change. Errors have been recognised and significant changes have been made at Board, Coaching and Playing Levels.
Borthwick described Tigers like an oil tanker which was heading in the wrong direction. He believes that it is turning towards the right direction but will take time.
A very good listen to his vision and attitude.
He used that analogy as he said this is a massive club and like an oil tanker, which is also huge, it takes time to turn around when heading in the wrong direction.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:59 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Oh God!
They just said that there is no rugby committee at board level
So what’s the point then,what’s his role?!
How has Ben Kay suddenly become a target? Get a grip!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chipnchase wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:38 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:58 pm

They just said that there is no rugby committee at board level
Suddenly???!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Suddenly???!
Sorry I forgot you spend your whole life trolling anything and anyone, silly of me to think Ben Kay would be safe.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Rant time! Frankly after watching the horror show for the last few seasons and wondering why I now pay to see failure regularly (albeit on tv at the moment),, I find this type of mouth music starting to grate. If they want to be open and honest stop hiding behind the “leaving by mutual consent” or “Rory didn’t leave due to..” without actually giving the reason. Otherwise it comes across as your just going through the motions instead of actually engaging. The simple fact was MOC and GM should never have been in that position and an exit at the beginning of the season (again!) makes us question he verbage we’ve recently been fed on.

As a fan it’s pretty obvious that one thing needs to happen to start being a great club again. Start winning! We accept it takes a while to build a team to win nearly all the time but patience is running out.

You don’t even have to win pretty every time - us Tigers fans appreciate the forwards dark arts and laws of brute force more than any other club with the exception of those chaps from the SW - it’s our DNA.

I will be delighted if SB makes it happen and will get behind them as I have always done - but if he doesn’t he goes. Same for any player.

Time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:44 pm Rant time! Frankly after watching the horror show for the last few seasons and wondering why I now pay to see failure regularly (albeit on tv at the moment),, I find this type of mouth music starting to grate. If they want to be open and honest stop hiding behind the “leaving by mutual consent” or “Rory didn’t leave due to..” without actually giving the reason. Otherwise it comes across as your just going through the motions instead of actually engaging. The simple fact was MOC and GM should never have been in that position and an exit at the beginning of the season (again!) makes us question he verbage we’ve recently been fed on.

As a fan it’s pretty obvious that one thing needs to happen to start being a great club again. Start winning! We accept it takes a while to build a team to win nearly all the time but patience is running out.

You don’t even have to win pretty every time - us Tigers fans appreciate the forwards dark arts and laws of brute force more than any other club with the exception of those chaps from the SW - it’s our DNA.

I will be delighted if SB makes it happen and will get behind them as I have always done - but if he doesn’t he goes. Same for any player.

Time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.
They explained the situation why Murphy left by mutual consent. In regards to Underwood, it could be private and therefore has nothing to do with anyone why he’s left. If they felt they could explain , I’m sure they would have.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

My football club took an extraordinary amount of time to return to its rightful position.
If others don't see the sudden casting adrift of the assembled coaching team that was "bigged" up not that long ago as odd, I am surprised.
I am not necessarily anti Murphy going, it's the manner, timing & general air of apparent headless chicken mode activation.
Good luck to our very unproven Head Coach, the basic survival of our club is the most important thing in the short to medium timescale, playing some attractive & possibly winning rugby less so at present.
Would be be happier if Paddy was here in person to sort it all out.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If the rugby committee is truly gone I don't really care that much about Kay tbh.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Love the posts from the people that clearly didn’t listen to it.

Murphy’s contract is up at the end of the season, he wanted the talks to start as soon as possible so approached Pinchen. He was told that he would not be offered a renewal as DOR (Tom hinted there may have been a position of some sort available). Murphy didn’t want to go though 8 months knowing he didn’t have a future and it was mutually agreed he could leave at that point.

Not much spin and seems pretty frank to me.
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

anz3001 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:59 pm Love the posts from the people that clearly didn’t listen to it.

Murphy’s contract is up at the end of the season, he wanted the talks to start as soon as possible so approached Pinchen. He was told that he would not be offered a renewal as DOR (Tom hinted there may have been a position of some sort available). Murphy didn’t want to go though 8 months knowing he didn’t have a future and it was mutually agreed he could leave at that point.

Not much spin and seems pretty frank to me.
That was pretty much my take on it as well.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

My takeaways:

1) It's good that there was no leak/press before the Murphy announcement. This was mentioned on the intereview and I hope that continue's. The discussion took place, a decision was made and it was announced by the Club officially.

2) I think Andrea's comment that a plan doesn't come together like clockwork in the real world is correct. Some of these events are unrelated (Underwood leaving, Geordan deciding to leave now rather than later) but because they do can create a picture of chaos.

3) Re: Geordan, reading between the lines of what they said he could see what was coming and pushed the club on sorting out a contract renewal. The Club could have fobbed him off in order to not rock the boat just before the season gets under way but were up front and quite rightly IMO Murphy said well that's me done. Don't stay where you are not wanted. I think he was used a little bit. He's basically filled a hole waiting for Borthwick and managed the transition of him joining. But he got shoe horned into a DoR role because he wasn't able to get things going in the right direction as Head Coach. Either way it's done sooner rather than later. IMO it's better in the long run.

4) With all the new additions and guys coming out of the academy we have a good squad. I'd say our best squad for 5 years. Of that I am pretty confident. Getting that squad to perform to it's potential under the Covid/Coach circumstances I wouldn't like to say. Certainly I will be just hoping for encouraging signs rather than results for the first few games.

5) I have a lot of faith in Borthwick. To me he is chalk compared with cheese compared to Murphy.

6) No mention of Mike Ford. Seems odd. He mentioned Smith and Harrison stepping up and said they were looking to recruit but wanted to get the right people rather than rush it.

7) There was a lot of talk about succession plans for staff, having pathways for academy players. Seems like they may have learned from how things drifted at the end of the Cockers time and there was a degree of complacency.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

chipnchase wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:41 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Suddenly???!
Sorry I forgot you spend your whole life trolling anything and anyone, silly of me to think Ben Kay would be safe.
...what exactly does he bring to the club. How he is still part of the management structure I do not know!!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well from a Bod POV it’s most likely not the worst thing too have a member who is involved with the media.