Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Happy birthday johnthegriff!

Post by kk20gb30 »

Happy Birthday JTG...
Hopefully soon on the road again.. :smt023
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

A belated happy birthday John , one of the most balanced, dedicated, perceptive and empathetic supporters. May you have many more!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday, for these difficult times I had a pretty good day, a walk on Knighton Park, a visit to a friend for coffee and chocolate cake, a few phone calls and a visit at home from one of my daughters and her husband. My lamb steak dinner went well as did the two glasses of Chianti. I do have another steak left for tonight or tomorrow but I will skip the mint sauce, I made the mistake of looking at the lid of the jar as I put it away and saw that it is stamped best before June 2014.
Of course the highlight of the day was the good wishes expressed on this messageboard, I feel very honoured.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I thought use by dates didn't apply for us over 65s
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

chewbacca wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:42 am I thought use by dates didn't apply for us over 65s
Once you reach the age where you take pills and not steps two at a time - you're right! Happy birthday JtG!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Happy Birthday,all the best to you!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:25 am Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday, for these difficult times I had a pretty good day, a walk on Knighton Park, a visit to a friend for coffee and chocolate cake, a few phone calls and a visit at home from one of my daughters and her husband. My lamb steak dinner went well as did the two glasses of Chianti. I do have another steak left for tonight or tomorrow but I will skip the mint sauce, I made the mistake of looking at the lid of the jar as I put it away and saw that it is stamped best before June 2014.
Of course the highlight of the day was the good wishes expressed on this messageboard, I feel very honoured.
I hope John there was more chocolate cake than candles! Enjoy. :smt030
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

In these enlightened times candles are a thing of the past as the number required represent a serious fire hazard, not to mention the possibility of spreading disease as I try to raise enough puff to blow them out.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:47 pm In these enlightened times candles are a thing of the past as the number required represent a serious fire hazard, not to mention the possibility of spreading disease as I try to raise enough puff to blow them out.
Great response JOHN. :smt043
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!