Club Statement - COVID-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Worrying

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Worrying

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

As worrying as it is I think that relates to only a 2% positive rate of infection, given where clubs were with outbreaks at Sale, Wasps & Saints recently for cases to have dropped to that level despite quite high levels of cases elsewhere in society too, I think shows that clubs can keep a handle on it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Club Statement - COVID-19

Post by RunTigerRun »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/cl ... 05-covid19

Puts everything into a different perspective - best wishes to all those affected. Here’s hoping to a quick recovery for the players and staff!

Some things are bigger than sport!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Well its us......

You would laugh it wasn't so serious, as a club we just can't catch a break.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Club Statement - COVID-19

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Fingers crossed for all involved!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm Well its us......

You would laugh it wasn't so serious, as a club we just can't catch a break.
As worrying it being us is, like someone said with regards to Sale now being less likely to concede during the season now is better than a few days before the Glaws match.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hope all players and staff recover fully, and the situation is contained.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Not surprising given the number of cases in Oadby and Wigston throughout the pandemic. It's been a hot spot for sometime, not sure why.

Hopefully everyone is ok and able to get back to training soon.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Funny how noone is criticising the club/players unlike when Sale got an outbreak...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This just shows that no matter how careful you may be, the threat of the virus is there. Lets hope that we can back to some form of normality as soon as possible. The Club have taken the correct decision and thoughts go out to those affected for a full and quick recovery.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:46 pm Funny how noone is criticising the club/players unlike when Sale got an outbreak...
Trust me if it turns out they were all at a BBQ or the club start shenanigans over game cancellations it will be ton of bricks time!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:46 pm Funny how noone is criticising the club/players unlike when Sale got an outbreak...
Almost like there is a difference between 2 days into preseason when no game has been played and 7 weeks into the season after playing a team.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

One club shut down training completely and has separated all players until proven safe to regather after going through additional testing.

The other was to claim they were ready to play a match 2 days after the positive tests, WITHOUT any further testing, this onlydidn't happen because their opponents amd PHE raised concerns, it was then proven in the additional tests they didn't think were needed that there had been a spread within the team and players, that would have put opposition at risk had they played the game.

If Sale had come out and said players are isolating we can't play our match till testing proves it's safe and so we've asked for a postponement. If they did that then I'd have a lot more sympathy.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:17 am
One club shut down training completely and has separated all players until proven safe to regather after going through additional testing.

The other was to claim they were ready to play a match 2 days after the positive tests, WITHOUT any further testing, this onlydidn't happen because their opponents amd PHE raised concerns, it was then proven in the additional tests they didn't think were needed that there had been a spread within the team and players, that would have put opposition at risk had they played the game.

If Sale had come out and said players are isolating we can't play our match till testing proves it's safe and so we've asked for a postponement. If they did that then I'd have a lot more sympathy.
Yes, this. Criticism of Sale not because they returned positive tests but because they thought fine to endanger opposition players and push ahead with playing the match.