Club Statement - COVID-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Club Statement - COVID-19

Post by jgriffin »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 pm Just watched interview of government sport and culture minister. My take was that looking at limited attendance at games but a negative covid test needed to gain entry.
At the gate???? Otherwise, useless.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

If it's at the gate then forget about pie and a pint as the quickest test at the moment takes close to 1 hour - start to finish.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:45 pm
Rutlandtiger wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 pm Just watched interview of government sport and culture minister. My take was that looking at limited attendance at games but a negative covid test needed to gain entry.
Given players are tested once a week I'd guess they would accept a test within the last 7 days?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm
Given players are tested once a week I'd guess they would accept a test within the last 7 days?
But you could test negative one day and positive the day after!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

I guess it's a question of distribution. Clearly you cannot guarantee a 100% negative crowd but by testing within a practicable timeframe you minimise, not eliminate the risk of transmission.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:24 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm
But you could test negative one day and positive the day after!
Yes but the odds are higher that you don't currently have the virus if you have recently tested negative.

The aim of this is to prove that the game won't become a "superspreader event"

Staggered arrivals, reduced capacity, social distancing, masks, recent testing. All combined together mean that risks can be massively reduced which hopefully will mean getting approval to go ahead with fans
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

You could test negative then catch the virus 30 seconds later - should people therefore be tested every 30 seconds?

Of course not, the aim is never to remove risk altogether (that is usually impossible) but to take reasonable steps to lower the risk.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Premiership Rugby will no longer automatically award five points to teams when the opposition is unable to field a side because of coronavirus.

League bosses confirmed a four-point win will be awarded to the club able to name a side, with two points to the team forced to cancel.

Looks like cancelling games is better off than playing and losing, might be a good tactic for us :smt044
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Coops wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:39 am Premiership Rugby will no longer automatically award five points to teams when the opposition is unable to field a side because of coronavirus.

League bosses confirmed a four-point win will be awarded to the club able to name a side, with two points to the team forced to cancel.

Looks like cancelling games is better off than playing and losing, might be a good tactic for us :smt044
I know your joking but I think this is a bad move. It means teams could actually have an incentive to catch COVID in certain situations. I doubt anyone would be so reckless as to seek it out but could mean people are a little less careful.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Coops wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:39 am Premiership Rugby will no longer automatically award five points to teams when the opposition is unable to field a side because of coronavirus.

That is shocking....

Imagine this last game of the season

X needs 5 points to make playoff
Y needs 2 points to ensure survival

Y calls off due to covid... the uproar that would ensue...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Is the forfeiting of a game that cannot be played due to COVID a regulation for the coming season? Can the game be re-arranged? I thought that the regulation was only in place for the completion of last season due to the very small window to get the games completed.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:30 am Is the forfeiting of a game that cannot be played due to COVID a regulation for the coming season? Can the game be re-arranged? I thought that the regulation was only in place for the completion of last season due to the very small window to get the games completed.
Prem Rugby are due to announce formally today (i think) but the initial context I posted was taken from here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55010959
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

A statement out recently from a leading world expert in PCR tests that the PCR test in itself is almost useless in certain settings and any negative test could come back positive,this as some have been saying for a while. Huge news this if verified! This has come from Dr Stephen Bustin.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:27 am

That is shocking....

Imagine this last game of the season

X needs 5 points to make playoff
Y needs 2 points to ensure survival

Y calls off due to covid... the uproar that would ensue...
Someone pointed out that calling off all games last season would have given us 44 points - good enough for 8th!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives