Club Statement - COVID-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Club Statement - COVID-19

Post by kk20gb30 »

Wishing all those affected a speedy and full recovery.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Given the number of cases and cancelled games in Super League, I'm surprised it's take as long as this for the number of cases in the Prem, Sale excepted obviously.

Hope everyone impacted at the club recovers soon.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:37 am Wishing all those affected a speedy and full recovery.
I don’t think anyone is actually ill, just tested positive
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The Dragons now shut up shop..
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

There were comments that Sale must have either had protocols that weren't sufficient, or had broken them - otherwise how could they have had so many cases? It was not just the fact that they wanted to play their match that was criticised, it was also the mere fact that they had a number of infections.

The silence this time round does definitely suggest a little bit of hypocrisy here...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Fair point but there has yet to be an official number released as far as I'm aware, just "several". In my mind that could be anywhere between 7-20 ish.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:17 am There were comments that Sale must have either had protocols that weren't sufficient, or had broken them - otherwise how could they have had so many cases? It was not just the fact that they wanted to play their match that was criticised, it was also the mere fact that they had a number of infections.

The silence this time round does definitely suggest a little bit of hypocrisy here...
The BBC stated there were 17 positive tests (11 players the rest staff) in the relevant round of testing, they also stated that 8 of the 9 clubs were affected, so the maximum number of positive tests we received is 10. Sale's first test was 19 (16 players plus 3 staff), even at worst case that's almost double the number of cases. The fact we've shut down everything when it's a significantly smaller outbreak says everything to me about how seriously Tigers is taking trying to ensure that it doesn't spread.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:17 am There were comments that Sale must have either had protocols that weren't sufficient, or had broken them - otherwise how could they have had so many cases? It was not just the fact that they wanted to play their match that was criticised, it was also the mere fact that they had a number of infections.

Another big difference I've not seen pointed out is that Sale's outbreak took place while players had been in camp so to speak for a lot longer than the incubation period. At this point the players have been out of camp for the off season and so likely haven't been within Tigers' protocols for part of the incubation period, i.e. this is part of the resetting of protocols necessary for the start of the season...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hopefully, we will get another update soon!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Think I’ve put this in the right place but do Sale keep their Saffas now SA have pulled out of the RC? If so that puts them in a great position i
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yeah, but remember Tuilagi, de Jager, Wiese are all injured, it won't be plain sailing for them ...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

We, along with other professional team sports, need access to the 20 minute tests to enable very regular in house testing. This would literally be a 'game changer'.

There is more than one system available and one of them has been developed here in Leicester.

Clearly, the priority has to be health workers, carers and other front line staff and hopefully the government are investing in the gearing up of the production of the kits in their millions.

We have a four week window to get a grip on testing.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

We have a vaccine pending approval for release which in tests achieves 90% immunity which the experts seem to think is good. It is possible we will be giving this to those working at the coal face before the end of the year.

Other promising vaccines such as the Oxford one are also close to the end of their Stage 3 trials so early in the new year we may have more than one shot in the locker.

Let us all hope for better times soon and a return to live rugby :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'll get excited when they are proven in independently-run double blind randomised design test programmes that are public and peer reviewed, not before. :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:34 pm I'll get excited when they are proven in independently-run double blind randomised design test programmes that are public and peer reviewed, not before. :smt018
This 👆
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer