Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Sarries and Ealing to be promoted

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/13 ... 70277?s=19

Supposedly Saracens and Ealing may be promoted with no games being played to a new 14 team premiership...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries and Ealing to be promoted

Post by jgriffin »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/13 ... 70277?s=19

Supposedly Saracens and Ealing may be promoted with no games being played to a new 14 team premiership...
Told ya two weeks ago where it was going. The Cheetohs are going to get a free pass. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:02 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/13 ... 70277?s=19

Told ya two weeks ago where it was going. The Cheetohs are going to get a free pass. :smt009
So much for integrity and fair play being fundamentals of rugby... :smt090 :smt090
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

This is all conjecture by the Mail which has a history of 'making stuff up'. I suspect there is little support in the current Premiership for a ring fenced structure and increased numbers although at this stage of the current mess anything is possible. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The mail Rugby side is really the most accurate source of rugby news by far. For me if they say something I will tend to take it as true.
Chris Foy especially clearly has sources high up and all around the place.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

This has been said before. I don't read the Mail as I prefer to read a newspaper :smt003 but time will tell just how good the information is. If it is correct I will put my hands up :smt001
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Noggs wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:09 pm This is all conjecture by the Mail which has a history of 'making stuff up'. I suspect there is little support in the current Premiership for a ring fenced structure and increased numbers although at this stage of the current mess anything is possible. :smt009
I'd wouldn't be so sure. 2 extra home games a season will make a big difference to finances.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:02 pm

Ditto.

Unfortunately, given the state of the game (on several levels) it makes sense.

And we’ll be lucky if it is a 14 team Prem at this rate!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Noggs wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:09 pm This is all conjecture by the Mail which has a history of 'making stuff up'. I suspect there is little support in the current Premiership for a ring fenced structure and increased numbers although at this stage of the current mess anything is possible. :smt009
A Premiership with several clubs losing millions per year being told the threat of losing £3-6m in one go is being removed and they can produce financially sustainable plans.

Pull the other one.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’d take Sarries if it meant a ring fenced league such is my worry about us getting relegated. Can’t believe that thought even entered my head,things must be bad!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:08 pm I’d take Sarries if it meant a ring fenced league such is my worry about us getting relegated. Can’t believe that thought even entered my head,things must be bad!
If we finish bottom in the forthcoming season we should get relegated & the entire coaching staff fired, on the plus side it would be another season avoiding the odious cheats.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Who said "cheats never prosper"? :smt017
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm not sure how Sarries being promoted without having to play a game next season diminishes the punishment. They would have walked to promotion anyway, with a fair few embarrassing scorelines along the way.

They've still lost 2 opportunities to win the Premiership and European Cup, that hasn't changed.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 pm I'm not sure how Sarries being promoted without having to play a game next season diminishes the punishment. They would have walked to promotion anyway, with a fair few embarrassing scorelines along the way.

They've still lost 2 opportunities to win the Premiership and European Cup, that hasn't changed.
Correct.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

In some way it'll be worse for them, players (internationals and loanees aside) who'll not have played competitive rugby all season
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.