Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Nations Cup

Post by Scott1 »

Terrible performance but a win none the less
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:50 pm Terrible performance but a win none the less
IT DOES NOT MATTER. Win, win, win. And give Wales some credit.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:50 pm Terrible performance but a win none the less
Thought Wales were awful too, lived off our errors and penalties. Poor all round!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Thought Wales were awful too, lived off our errors and penalties. Poor all round!
Did anyone find English commentary?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Did anyone find English commentary?
No,there was no option on the red button. I stuck with it though and watched it upstairs and left my stick down there.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

England seemed out of sorts from the off ( or at least, not in top form); missed kicks, passes not going to hand etc. and Wales upped their intensity. Surprised by some of the apparently panicky moves and non-dominance in the scrum. Nonetheless, England's worst performance of the series produced a win.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:28 pm England seemed out of sorts from the off ( or at least, not in top form); missed kicks, passes not going to hand etc. and Wales upped their intensity. Surprised by some of the apparently panicky moves and non-dominance in the scrum. Nonetheless, England's worst performance of the series produced a win.
Good sign when a team performing that bad wins. Wales were worryingly bad and have been for a while!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

You can't argue with the results but England are dreadful to watch. I can't help but feel there's so much more in this team but this super conservative gameplan is mind-numbing to watch.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:46 pm You can't argue with the results but England are dreadful to watch. I can't help but feel there's so much more in this team but this super conservative gameplan is mind-numbing to watch.
+1! My thoughts exactly!
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:46 pm You can't argue with the results but England are dreadful to watch. I can't help but feel there's so much more in this team but this super conservative gameplan is mind-numbing to watch.
This game was,I loved us v Ireland though. Brutally beautiful!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Awful game, badly officiated, biggest loser Rugby itself.
England's work on high kicks illegal, doubt they will get away with it again.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Italy are playing quite well against France’s 2nd XV but are making too many simple mistakes. 10-5 to France at half time and all to play for in the 2nd half.
Semper in excretia
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:57 pm Awful game, badly officiated, biggest loser Rugby itself.
Oh get over yourself, for goodness sake.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:57 pm Awful game, badly officiated, biggest loser Rugby itself.
He's right about the kick tactics though. We ran some pretty obvious blocking lines and there were some pretty blatant obstructions to aid the back 3. I'm also surprised that the French officials allowed it all game to be honest.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:41 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 pm
He's right about the kick tactics though. We ran some pretty obvious blocking lines and there were some pretty blatant obstructions to aid the back 3. I'm also surprised that the French officials allowed it all game to be honest.
Happened with both sides,what about when Daly got pinged for playing the ball on the floor? That was the worse block of the day beforehand,it was farcical 😂