Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Nations Cup

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:33 pm
jgriffin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:30 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:53 pm Well done Lowe! Absolute demolition job,what has happened to Wales? Edwards is a huge loss
They've fallen back on borderline defence, very NZ, but not streetwise enough to get away with it.

BTW Scott1 my youngest went to school with AWJ and never rated him as a player then!!
Not just me than haha 👍 it makes me think who was the most important to Wales? Gatland or Edwards? It’s an interesting question,especially now looking at France. Sean brings a lot more than just defence to a team
Having said that, the most impressive junior I or either of my sons saw was Gavin Henson, who was perma-tanned at 13 and had stunning vision/execution. Why are the extravagantly talented like Henson and Cipriani complete with self-destruct buttons, yet the second rank have longevity?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:30 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:53 pm Well done Lowe! Absolute demolition job,what has happened to Wales? Edwards is a huge loss
They've fallen back on borderline defence, very NZ, but not streetwise enough to get away with it.

BTW Scott1 my youngest went to school with AWJ and never rated him as a player then!!
:smt043 How many caps does your youngest have now?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Dislocated shoulder at 15 plus knackered ankle (skateboarding, not rugby) that is awaiting ANOTHER operation 20 years later. His comment about AWJ was in the context of a couple of other players at Bishop Gore being far more talented, but AWJ's lawyer family sent him to all the training camps - the others were working class guys.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 pm Dislocated shoulder at 15 plus knackered ankle (skateboarding, not rugby) that is awaiting ANOTHER operation 20 years later. His comment about AWJ was in the context of a couple of other players at Bishop Gore being far more talented, but AWJ's lawyer family sent him to all the training camps - the others were working class guys.
Henson was a real talent, but broke his body by too much weight training & didn't help himself off field, when you used to watch him for Swansea he looked like a SH back.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Watching NZ v Argentina and they have the ABs well and truly rattled. Sanchez has been class.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 pm Dislocated shoulder at 15 plus knackered ankle (skateboarding, not rugby) that is awaiting ANOTHER operation 20 years later. His comment about AWJ was in the context of a couple of other players at Bishop Gore being far more talented, but AWJ's lawyer family sent him to all the training camps - the others were working class guys.
Ah sorry to hear that (genuinely).

A lot in life can be down to chance and opportunity. You still have to make the most of it though.

There's also a lot more to success than having talent. Determination and work ethic are far more important. That's why the likes of Cipriani and Henson are overshadowed by lesser talents.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

h's dad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:52 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:42 pm In response to comments about the 'Ruckgate' match, it's true that, when Eddie Jones had promised to take Italy "to the cleaners", the tactic did prevent an 80-0 drubbing some were predicting. However the long-term impact of the game was merely a change of laws by World Rugby to stop it happening again because quite frankly it wasn't rugby and I remember nearly wanting to launch the TV out of the window watching it.

Yes England were poor and it took them too long to adapt, but at the end of the day it achieved very little for Italy except for preventing a cricket score and social media notoriety.

Sidenote: I believe that game was the last time that Dan Cole scored a try.
I didn't launch the TV; I was shouting the obvious solution to the stunningly dim English players. It didn't need a rule change - just pick and go with nobody in front of you until they stop it. Which would be one phase.
To be honest, I was equally frustrated at England's inability to adapt.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm loving the Italy vs Scotland game!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Weirs hair 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The decision for Garbezi to go for the sticks at 14-14 instead of the corner probably cost Italy the game, really cruel they didn't even at least get a bonus point.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Good to see some good moustaches out there.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wow doesn’t Willis look like Tadh Furlong haha
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Penalty try? Terrible decision by Owens there!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If it goes up going backwards it’s a penalty surely?!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Is it me or has the camera man or producer got the cameras zoomed in too close on this game. Cannot see the play about to be passed to or the ball on rucks on the line. Even reset the TV in case it was my setup? Seem to want picture on the face more than the ball. Need to have some understanding of the game.