Amazon Prime

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Amazon Prime

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Thought the coverage of both games was good, nice to hear different voices not saying the same old things. Couple of times they could have done with a wider angle camera as when ball was being spun out you couldn't see what sort of attacking line and defensive line was out wide.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:11 pm Thought the coverage of both games was good, nice to hear different voices not saying the same old things. Couple of times they could have done with a wider angle camera as when ball was being spun out you couldn't see what sort of attacking line and defensive line was out wide.
Picture wasn’t brilliant at times though
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:11 pm Thought the coverage of both games was good, nice to hear different voices not saying the same old things. Couple of times they could have done with a wider angle camera as when ball was being spun out you couldn't see what sort of attacking line and defensive line was out wide.
Watched game on Ipad and had no problem with the picture or sound.....would have been nice to hear some of the comms between officials but they continued with commentary.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:29 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm
Watched game on Ipad and had no problem with the picture or sound.....would have been nice to hear some of the comms between officials but they continued with commentary.
Must’ve been my internet then,froze a couple of times and the picture went poor once
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Picture was fine throughout for me though I guess that is always a risk streaming over a TV channel
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

We didn't have any issues at all with picture etc. Coverage was OK. They seemed intent on taking more about England vs Georgia than Italy vs Scotland
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I posted thy is on the game threads but at the beginning of the England game particularly the camera man or producer got the cameras zoomed in too close. I could see the player about to be passed to or the ball on rucks on the line when England were in the Georgian 22. Even reset the TV in case it was my setup? Seem to want picture on the face more than the ball. Need to have some understanding of the game. If did improve in the second half. The Scotland game was as I would expect and used the same Smart TV Prime App
TheTigerKing
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheTigerKing »

Picture was clunky. Dylan Hartley is an absolute bore, too.

Habana was good. Commentary was so so but perfectly fine.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:57 pm We didn't have any issues at all with picture etc. Coverage was OK. They seemed intent on taking more about England vs Georgia than Italy vs Scotland
Yep, good picture. Commentary was so so. Game was enjoyable for those who like proper rugby.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I found the picture 'clunky' at times a some of the long shots were blurred as if there was water on the lens. It when away when they cut to a different camera so I think the problem was theirs.

It's a pity that the games cannot be recorded as I often like to run bits back and freeze the picture to see better whether decisions we correct.

That said it does allow everyone with a computer to watch games for free (if you cancel membership) so beggars can't be choosers
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Noggs wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 pm I found the picture 'clunky' at times a some of the long shots were blurred as if there was water on the lens. It when away when they cut to a different camera so I think the problem was theirs.

It's a pity that the games cannot be recorded as I often like to run bits back and freeze the picture to see better whether decisions we correct.

That said it does allow everyone with a computer to watch games for free (if you cancel membership) so beggars can't be choosers
Think the game should be available on demand now if you want to browse through the match, accessible via the Prime page Additionally, when watching live, you can pause and rewind if you want to, or at least I could whilst watching via my Xbox.

And that's actually my biggest (and only meaningful) complaint. The service is only available via certain hardware. E.g. my LG smart TV, whilst having the Prime Video app installed, doesn't support sport streaming, whereas my console does. It resulted in a very frustrating 25 mins of research and updates to get it all working! One would have thought it would have been consistent!!