Amazon Prime

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Amazon Prime

Post by LE18 »

I see that Amazon have the contract for the AI, I have Sky and BT and pay the earth to watch Rugby, Cricket, Cycling, Golf etc, not too keen on Soccer, does anyone have a package that is reasonable, I'm an OAP and sport is costing so much. I don't really want to change my energy and broadband supplier. Thanks.
SthrnTiger

Re: Amazon Prime

Post by SthrnTiger »

I may be wrong but don’t think Amazon prime comes in any of the other packages.

New joiners to Prime get a 30 day free trial so given Autumn international happen over four weeks can watch that without paying a penny if just cancel subscription when they end.

If Amazon start getting more rugby game it is £8 a month and get next day delivery, films, some Kindle books etc all bundled in so not a bad deal.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Buy a firestick mate for £20 then get Prime free for 30 days and cancel after. I’ve already got a stick but that’s what I’ll be doing the day the rugby starts
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Depending on how much online shopping you do I actually find that the free next day delivery and various "prime day" deals you get on their that my Amazon Prime subscription saves me money. The fact it also has some sports included too is a plus.

If you're getting prime just for watching sports it's a waste of money, but if you may use it's other features that is where value for money lies. (It's also a pretty decent alternative to Netflix in terms of tv and film streaming)

Personally my Prime is actually paid for as an entertainment pack from on my mobile data contract. So it comes even cheaper than the standard prime subscription.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:44 pm I may be wrong but don’t think Amazon prime comes in any of the other packages.

New joiners to Prime get a 30 day free trial so given Autumn international happen over four weeks can watch that without paying a penny if just cancel subscription when they end.

If Amazon start getting more rugby game it is £8 a month and get next day delivery, films, some Kindle books etc all bundled in so not a bad deal.
Thank you for this, I do buy from Amazon, I use Prime for free delivery, then cancel after a few days. So its time to let it run next time I buy, but do I need a firestick or is the match streamed to a TV channel or direct to a laptop?
Apologies for my naivety when it comes to tech matters.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:30 pm
SthrnTiger wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:44 pm I may be wrong but don’t think Amazon prime comes in any of the other packages.

Thank you for this, I do buy from Amazon, I use Prime for free delivery, then cancel after a few days. So its time to let it run next time I buy, but do I need a firestick or is the match streamed to a TV channel or direct to a laptop?
It's not on any TV channel

You can watch on a laptop go to www.primevideo.com
Should get you on I think (I don't use it myself)

It doesn't need to be a fire stick most smart TV boxes should allow for it to be connected through that if has any streaming facilities Prime is often one of them.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:30 pmbut do I need a firestick or is the match streamed to a TV channel or direct to a laptop?
LE18, you should be able to watch the Rugby on a laptop/desktop computer with an amazon primes subscription - of course the size of the screen may affect your viewing pleasure. I'm pretty sure I have watched sport on Amazon this way on a laptop when travelling.

An Amazon firestick is effectively just a conduit/receiver to watch/stream Amazon content on the TV/Monitor etc to which it is connected. Once linked to your account and connected to chosen internet connection, you can use it on your TV, but the firestick itself will cost an amount of money.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Amazon Prime should be a preloaded app on your TV if it’s a smartTV.
If it’s a smartTV and not preloaded you should be able to download the app onto your TV but you might need to get the manual out to do that.
Alternatively the Amazon Prime app can be downloaded to your tablet.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

If you have a smart TV and prime membership you can just watch it on the Amazon prime channel. If it's not there you should be able to download it from the app store.

Edit: beaten to it...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Thank you to you all. :smt052
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Whilst most of the Autumn Cup matches are exclusive to Amazon , there are exceptions and also terrestrial coverage through Channel 4 :

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... v-18916311
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Amazon also has a lot of tennis, if you're into that, and the "All Or Nothing" documentaries, one of which is on the All Blacks - a must watch for any rugby fan.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:01 pm I see that Amazon have the contract for the AI, I have Sky and BT and pay the earth to watch Rugby, Cricket, Cycling, Golf etc, not too keen on Soccer, does anyone have a package that is reasonable, I'm an OAP and sport is costing so much. I don't really want to change my energy and broadband supplier. Thanks.
Don’t we all. :smt003

Amazon Prime, as others have said though is an excellent service and superb value for money given what you can get with it.
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

any Virgin Media customers have a dedicated amazon prime channel they just need a prime subscription
bendy

Post by bendy »

Hey folks - the below link allows you to register for a free trial for Amazon Prime whilst raising a bit of cash for my club (Oadby Wyggs):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/amazonprime/re ... uage=en_GB

This is a 30 day trial, so you'll be able to watch all the matches, after which you can cancel if you so wish.

Apparently this is an RFU sponsored arrangement, so I'm sure other clubs will have similar.

I hope this doesn't breach any terms of the message board - there's definitely no kickback to me. All the cash goes direct to the club (who are struggling financially at the moment, as so many of our clubs are).
Cheers