Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Pre-Season Q&A: Geordan Murphy

Post by kk20gb30 »

Not spotted this anywhere else here..
".. ahead of welcoming back the playing group on Monday morning, Director of Rugby Geordan Murphy sits down to discuss the trending topics for Tigers fans....." :

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/qa-ps-2021-murphy
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Pre-Season Q&A: Geordan Murphy

Post by JP14 »

Great news that Brink is fit, shame that Martin is out until 2021...

An squad of:

1. Gigena
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Green
6. Brink
7. Reffell
8. Liebenberg
9. White
10. Henry
11. Potter
12. Scott
13. Taute
14. van Wyk
15. Steward

Kerr, Leatigaga, Heyes, Enever, Smith, JvP, Diaz Bonilla & Porter. That's a pretty good squad in my book.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wiese for me to start or on the bench.
He should be ready to train with us 2 weeks before the start of season, and considering he's been playing shouldn't need much conditioning although that is up to Walters.

Depending on if he still trains at 9 would also like to see Simmons on the bench as a 9 who can cover the back 3 also.

Hopefully we might get some more injury covers in by the start of season.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Could do with a class 13 still, especially with Moroni injured. Also looking a bit bare on the left wing, hopefully SAR can come back and show us all he’s a quality winger at home in the premiership.

Think the forwards look good, even with Taufua and Lavanini injured. Wiese and Liebenberg for me in the backrow with Brink off the bench.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Brink looks like he's put on some even more mass since he arrived.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGw7n63nHmH/?hl=en
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm Brink looks like he's put on some even more mass since he arrived.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGw7n63nHmH/?hl=en
Very much looking forwards to seeing Brink play for us - here’s hoping he has a long run injury-free as when he is in form he is a beast - both on the ball and off it!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:11 pm Wiese for me to start or on the bench.
He should be ready to train with us 2 weeks before the start of season, and considering he's been playing shouldn't need much conditioning although that is up to Walters.

Depending on if he still trains at 9 would also like to see Simmons on the bench as a 9 who can cover the back 3 also.

Hopefully we might get some more injury covers in by the start of season.
For the first game I thought it was a tad early but you maybe right.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think I saw somewhere that Wiese's last game was being postponed? (May be imagining it) If so do we know it that affects him being out of quarantine by the start of the season?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:26 pm I think I saw somewhere that Wiese's last game was being postponed? (May be imagining it) If so do we know it that affects him being out of quarantine by the start of the season?
Wiese has put up an Instagram story suggesting his is leaving for Leicester today - so will complete his 2 week quarantine and should be available for the first fixture vs Gloucester. Should be in good fitness too after training and playing for the Cheetahs in recent weeks - Good news for Leicester!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:42 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:26 pm I think I saw somewhere that Wiese's last game was being postponed? (May be imagining it) If so do we know it that affects him being out of quarantine by the start of the season?
Wiese has put up an Instagram story suggesting his is leaving for Leicester today - so will complete his 2 week quarantine and should be available for the first fixture vs Gloucester. Should be in good fitness too after training and playing for the Cheetahs in recent weeks - Good news for Leicester!
+1.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

So our game against Gloucester is just over two weeks away, I know people have said on the transfer thread they’re hoping for some new additions, but looking we can still put out a decent team.

Gigena Youngs Cole
Wells Green
Liebenberg Wiese Reffell
White Henry
Scott Taute
Potter Steward Van Wyk

Clare Leatigaga Heyes Enever Brink JVP Bonilla Worth