Relegation 20/21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Relegation 20/21

Post by kk20gb30 »

LeicestershireLive.com apparently conducted a poll on likely relegation candidates from The premiership.
Personally, I would not necessarily agree with the results :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/tigers-v ... wn-locals/

Obviously, not taking into account the possibility of Ringfencing , nor the actual knowledge of those that actually shared their opinion.
Time will tell , but with the new season fast approaching time to get behind the side and give them the chance to prove themselves.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:01 am LeicestershireLive.com apparently conducted a poll on likely relegation candidates from The premiership.
Personally, I would not necessarily agree with the results :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/tigers-v ... wn-locals/

Obviously, not taking into account the possibility of Ringfencing , nor the actual knowledge of those that actually shared their opinion.
Time will tell , but with the new season fast approaching time to get behind the side and give them the chance to prove themselves.
To my mind you're never going to get a fair reflection. There will always be a group of optimistic Leciester fans and a group of pessimistic fans. Optimistic fans votes spread out amongst other teams pessimistic fans will focus on us as the most likely.

Another way to view the poll.
41% of Leciester fans think we'll be relegated
59% think we'll survive.
(Note I know not everyone on the poll is aTigers fan but majority will be)

If the survey was evenly split amongst other clubs fans (which a Leicestershire live poll isn't) I think the proportions wouldn't be skewed as this poll is
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

For me we will be fighting it out with Newcastle,LI and Wuss. We just have to make sure we win that mini league
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I'm interested to see how Saints do.
I believe that they had a even worst return to season form as us and Reinach didn't get replaced.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

To survive we will need a huge improvement.

Arguably we were the worst team in 18/19 but escaped by the skin of our teeth.
We were the worst in 19/20 but Sarries punishment saved us.

The recent restart saw no great improvement with nothing to suggest we have yet improved enough to keep us away from the relegation dogfight. The head coach had changed, we looked a bit fitter. We have lost 3 of our star players, gained a few good players. Now Murphy has gone hopefully Borthwick will have freedom to do things his way and appoint his own coaches. Can he change things quickly enough? We saw Wasps turn things around mid season but they have leadership on the pitch with the likes of Launchbury and Willis. The first half of the season may make painful watching. I’m almost relieved I won’t be in the Crumbie for now and have the Dr Who option of watching from behind the sofa.

They once said Man Utd were too big to be relegated. Some said the same about Stains but it t happened. They made changes and came back stronger. Perhaps the penny has dropped that this could be us. I was worried about the Borthwick appointment because we had to wait so long before he was free to join us. I fear that simply reflected the lack of appreciation of the state we were in and we seemed to be just looking for someone to put the missing 1% into the coaching team.

By not making key decisions and appointments early enough we have left him in need of a magic wand.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

mol2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:57 pm Not sure what will happen but hope it isn't ring fencing as that puts a permanant barrier to the next Worcester or Exeter coming through the leagues.

I don't see top level RU returning to the amateur era. To be honest it was a sham amateur era before that anyway.

Will some sides go bust - quite possibly. I'm not sure that there is justification for a fully professional second tier. The numbers of fans attending simply fails to justify major sponsorship. So sides aspiring to climb the leagues will need a benefactor.
...I suppose we could go NFL style and bring in a draft system!!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

How many years have Worcester been favourites and yet (somewhat annoyingly) they never have been relegated? I wouldn’t read too much into these predictions.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

QUESTION. How good were Saracens before they started cheating? :smt017
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:25 pm QUESTION. How good were Saracens before they started cheating? :smt017
When did Wray take over?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sorry but time to give the Sarries obsession a rest!
Tigers have had great players in the squad just like Sarries but haven't, obviously been coached as well.
I couldn’t care a jot about any other team than us.
Look no further than ourselves, stop making excuses and start winning.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

The saracens obsession cuts both ways, those who want to see them punished forever and those who think they're just too good a squad of players to allow to drop out of the the premiership long term. I'll admit that I lean further to the former than the latter if I had to chose a side, but consider this. How long would that group of players stay with Sarries if they're not promoted back up next year? I'd be happy to wager a significant amount that all that talent and skill would pretty damn quickly find a new place in the elite league, with or without Wray's cronies.

So, the quality is retained in the Premiership, and kiss goodbye to Sarries. Everybody's happy!

And, yes, it's all a distraction compared to my teams performance. If we were good enough, we wouldn't have to worry about any others.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I don’t think all the loan players will return either, Spencer’s gone already and I have an inkling Earl and Malins will stay with the Bears.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

:smt038
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:40 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:25 pm QUESTION. How good were Saracens before they started cheating? :smt017
When did Wray take over?