Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final hit by Covid!

Post by ay2oh »

loretta wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:43 am
ay2oh wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:09 am Is it bad I want Wasps to win?
So do I as would sooner see a side that plays exciting rugby than a kick to the corner side
It seems to me that Exeter have stolen our clothes from the Johnson era. Play a very similar game, deadly catch and drive etc., albeit without a jackal.

I can't dislike them for that.
Each to their own
A2O
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm just looking forward to a brilliant contest. For that to happen, Wasps need to play very well so I'll be supporting them. Don't actually care who wins though, both teams have much to admire.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Of all those missing, Wayne Barnes looks like the biggest loss!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Downsouth wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:33 pm Of all those missing, Wayne Barnes looks like the biggest loss!
I thought CMK did ok and it was great to see him penalise Exeter on the Wasps line for an offence that other refs let Exeter get away with. Wasps did well under the circumstance and the terrible weather but it was almost inevitable Chiefs would win after the season they have had. :smt038
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Downsouth wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:33 pm Of all those missing, Wayne Barnes looks like the biggest loss!
I thought CMK did ok and it was great to see him penalise Exeter on the Wasps line for an offence that other refs let Exeter get away with. Wasps did well under the circumstance and the terrible weather but it was almost inevitable Chiefs would win after the season they have had. :smt038
Yeandle should have seen yellow near the end. Chiefs dodged one there.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Intriguing final , that could have gone either way - under the circumstances , credit to Wasps.Impressed by their maul defence but Exeter capped their fine season with the double.
At least the season had completion.I hope I'm wrong , but I fear a similar scenario for the one up coming - cannot see it being smooth sailing in any sense.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:27 am Intriguing final , that could have gone either way - under the circumstances , credit to Wasps.Impressed by their maul defence but Exeter capped their fine season with the double.
At least the season had completion.I hope I'm wrong , but I fear a similar scenario for the one up coming - cannot see it being smooth sailing in any sense.
It was a very laboured win for Exeter in which the weather paid a HUGE part, great to see them win though...I have just about dried out from the rain :(
God created rugby so footballers have heros too