Semi Final thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LittleBigG

Re: Semi Final thread

Post by LittleBigG »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:16 pm Absolutely shocking decision to give a yellow to Exeter. Shoulder charge to the head, red card all day long.
I can't help but feel if that had been the other way round it would have been red. :smt012
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Clear red.

Exeter should be down to 14 for the second half.

(15 if you count Luke Pearce :smt002 )
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:33 pm Whats score please, I cant get it on laptop on my SkyGo?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

14-6 Exeter
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Would have been a red if it was any other team in any other match. I reckon the officials were too weak to make the big call in a big match. If that wasn't the kind of dangerous play they want to eliminate, then I don't know what is. Full body weight at speed aimed shoulder first (arm tucked behind his back so not even pretending to attempt to wrap the arms) aimed at another player's head (perhaps back/shoulder if you're trying really hard to give the benefit of the doubt). Probably far more dangerous than Farrell's infamous tackle, more dangerous than taking someone out in the air or clotheslining them in a tackle.

If that was a Tigers player I'd want the club to ban him themselves.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Nonetheless could give Jones the opportunity to not select him, I'm not sure he's a massive fan of Hill considering he refused to bring him on for a cap in 2018.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 pm Would have been a red if it was any other team in any other match. I reckon the officials were too weak to make the big call in a big match. If that wasn't the kind of dangerous play they want to eliminate, then I don't know what is. Full body weight at speed aimed shoulder first (arm tucked behind his back so not even pretending to attempt to wrap the arms) aimed at another player's head (perhaps back/shoulder if you're trying really hard to give the benefit of the doubt). Probably far more dangerous than Farrell's infamous tackle, more dangerous than taking someone out in the air or clotheslining them in a tackle.

If that was a Tigers player I'd want the club to ban him themselves.
I thought he caught him at the base of the neck. Red for me.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Maybe I'm just looking for things now, but did the ref just give a try when he couldn't see if the ball was grounded or not, then have to be persuaded otherwise by the touch judge who clearly saw it was held up?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I have to admit, the Exeter "micro-cheating" is very impressive and very Tigers 2005.

Every few seconds at every opportunity there's a little tug or nudge off the ball, a hold of a player on the floor for a few moments. Never enough to draw a penalty, but just enough to upset the oppositions rhythm and wind them up.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I wouldn't object to us winning like they do and we used to.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I love the way refs these days say "just a high tackle", with a casual tone of voice that means "no one did anything wrong, but these :censored: laws mean I have to give a penalty against you, really sorry lads".

Remember a year or two ago when World Rugby declared war on high tackles and dangerous play? That didn't last long, did it?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:28 pm I love the way refs these days say "just a high tackle", with a casual tone of voice that means "no one did anything wrong, but these :censored: laws mean I have to give a penalty against you, really sorry lads".

Remember a year or two ago when World Rugby declared war on high tackles and dangerous play? That didn't last long, did it?
When did any such 'ruling' last?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Hill's attempted clear out was atrocious and he should not have had the opportunity to come back on in my opinion.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Two impressive performances against two worthy opponents.

As an aside is there any side that we don't dislike for one reason or another?
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Tigers fans dislike any sides that finish above them, so we love Saracens (by default) and dislike all of the other in the premiership.