Rugby And all sports’ fans matter!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby And all sports’ fans matter!

Post by Tiglon »

It's impossible to be sure where transmissions are happening. Just because you have the virus, and you and I were in close contact, then I test positive too, doesn't mean I caught the virus from you.

A colleague of mine tested positive a couple of weeks ago. When she spoke to test and trace, they asked her who she caught it from. How the hell could she know? If she had said "I think I got it from someone at work" then that probably would have been recorded as a workplace transmission based on zero facts or science.

If most children with Covid are asymptomatic and therefore probably never tested, it's hardly surprising that few transmissions are recorded within schools.

Like a lot of the numbers thrown at us these days, it's largely guesswork.
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:26 pm Am I right in saying that any furloughed players can’t train with the club? So if they are furloughed until the 31 October that would give us 19 days training before the season starts,is that wise with the state we are already in playing wise,or were the players having time off anyway?
I would guess they are just being furloughed for the time off that was already planned.
Last edited by Tiglon on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:34 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:26 pm Am I right in saying that any furloughed players can’t train with the club? So if they are furloughed until the 31 October that would give us 19 days training before the season starts,is that wise with the state we are already in playing wise,or were the players having time off anyway?
I would guess they are just being furloughed for the time off that was already planned.
Would make sense but we will have to seriously pull our finger out November 1st!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:34 pm
Would make sense but we will have to seriously pull our finger out November 1st!
Agreed, but I think a rest period is unavoidable. It's been a pretty intense few months and there is an even more intense season ahead. I would imagine that all clubs will be giving players rest over the next few weeks.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Pretty sure that's right. One would hope that unless it's due to dire need on the club's behalf that most of the key players are not furloughed. It would be interesting to see who is and who isn't furloughed, for example yo may be able to see who is really in Borthwick's plans and who isn't.

I'd guess they could furlough all the injured players, then top up their wages?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

To go back to what I believe to be the original intention of this thread, there are clearly areas of industry/production that are of national strategic importance; agriculture and horticulture; the provision of energy and clean water and the removal of foul water; hospital, GP and other medical and allied services; the supply and distribution of food and medicines... All these are in the first priority tier. You may extend the list. Other levels of priority emerge. Sports clubs come a long way down that list. The government does not have a bottomless reserve and, dare I say, if rugby had been less reckless and not gone down a route of paying soccer wages when they were never going to get soccer gates or TV money they may have been in a better position.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina