What I think is??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: What I think is??

Post by LE18 »

John, I don't wish to be rude but your report is very much in the words of a club trying to market itself. I agree with the overall statement of facts concerning the personnel etc, but where is your criticism of the tactics, who dictates them and in particular the kicking of the ball away constantly? Now if you had said that the attacking plan was to change, come the new season, then I think you would have had my full support, but your optimism needs to be tempered by at least mentioning the views of so many when it comes to the kicking!
Hoping that all comes to fruition starting in November. :smt052
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The bit where I say Tigers need to immediately perform better than they have recently in my mind includes too often kicking the ball away. I am of the old school when you were instructed to look after the pill, there is a time to kick but when you do there should be someone up there to hastle the receiver, we seem to chase in a defensive line moving at the pace of the slowest member. As I implied in my post last season is behind us, we have a few weeks for the new set-up and the new players to take a big step forward, I think they will!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Being one who usually likes to have a stab at a prediction for the following season, the first time in many seasons I haven’t the foggiest on where Tigers will finish. Saints and Quins have shown how the wheels can quickly come off while Wasps have gone from zero to hero just as quick (and I genuinely believe they could cause an upset against Exeter). So I’ve given up trying. As such, both excited and fascinated what will happen next season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I still can’t get over the fact we didn’t try and take the shackles off with not threat of relegation. Very strange to me
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I think the coaching team took a view to fix some of the fundamentals that were wrong in the post covid season.....

* defence
* fitness
* set piece

Along with more fundamentals like

* recruitment
* Culture
* Academy

the coaching structure and player recruitment is there. There have been improvements in the top 3 and certainly green shoots too in the bottom 3.....

Confidence is one thing missing - I am afraid only some good performances fix that.

for now, I echo the thoughts of some on here that I have faith that they can and will fix this - lets just hope that something clicks and the confidence can return - only then will we see the players perform to their ability.
Less is more....
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Some progress but losing Boris means we need a scrum coach and an attack/backs coach ASAP and the season is not far away.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

mol2 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:37 pm Some progress but losing Boris means we need a scrum coach and an attack/backs coach ASAP and the season is not far away.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/player/rob-taylor
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives