DoR?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: DoR?

Post by sapajo »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am For me what Pat Lam has achieved at Bristol is extraordinary. They returned to the premiership in 2018 and finished 3rd in 2020. Now that is someone who has truly earned their crust and plaudits.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I don't argue with what Sapajo has to say about Pat Lam, of course Deano did the same a couple of years before with far less money to spend, unfortunately his second season in the Premiership ended in relegation. The test before plaudits are awarded should be top four finishes year after year and collecting trophies on the way, of course in the case of Richard Cockerill that was not enough, he was expected to achieve a trophy every year and even winning was often not enough for some as the manner of winning failed to meet their expectation of style.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That and losing the Semi final v Bath 47-10 most likely didn't help his standings too much.
The 2014/15 was a bad one really even with the top 4 finish it was most likely the beginning of the end.
We scored 39 tries and 10 of them was against the worst team to ever play in the premiership in London Welsh (A team that conceded 1021 points)

Defence was good but when a team played us with a wide game plan it was found massively wanting.

Cockers did a great job but I really don't know If i could've seen change too much.