England Training Squad announced

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: England Training Squad announced

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm It's just trying players out in my opinion.
I'd find it a bit disappointing were Farrell at 12 but who else do you pick!
England need some sparks.
Reinach for example transformed Saints.
True, although I am curious as to whether Lawrence has a future at 12 or he is just a 13...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ford out the Babas game?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Achilles complaint apparently, don’t know why but my hunch says it’s something more.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Well it could just be a tight Achilles he's not wanting to risk and stay ready for the Italy game.

OR

Eddie has said to him, look you'll play the Baa Baa's, but for the 6N I'm moving on at no.10 once Simmons has finished the final with Exeter to build for the future, and Ford based on this doesn't want to risk carrying a slight niggle that otherwise he'd have played through, given it's not building up to other England games.

I forsee the former. I think it is just an injury, even at 3rd choice Fly Half Ford would probably back getting some more caps, this would probably put an end to it otherwise.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Kyle Sinckler, Ben Earl as well as uncapped Max Malins called up to the England squad for the Baabaas game following confirmation that Wasps can fulfil the Premiership, putting into doubt Joe Heyes' selection in the match day 23 however the fact that they have only joined could mean Jones just wants to integrate them into the fold before the Italy game.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:00 pm Kyle Sinckler, Ben Earl as well as uncapped Max Malins called up to the England squad for the Baabaas game following confirmation that Wasps can fulfil the Premiership, putting into doubt Joe Heyes' selection in the match day 23 however the fact that they have only joined could mean Jones just wants to integrate them into the fold before the Italy game.
I doubt they'll risk Sinckler Vs the Baabaas there's actual games coming up soon. Better to have Stuart, Heyes and Kerrod (for the Baabaas) all get game time.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:53 pm Achilles complaint apparently, don’t know why but my hunch says it’s something more.
Scan next week rules him out until next year?
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Achilles tendinitis can take 6 months plus if you exacerbate it by not allowing full recovery. Not much can be done other than eccentric stretching and potentially shockwave therapy which has a poor evidence base in this condition. I speak from experience and I was just being a touch judge running the line once a week not running an international game like he does! If there is a problem I hope he ducks out of the remaining games this autumn until it is right.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Any idea if the teams are announced today or tomorrow?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:39 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:00 pm Kyle Sinckler, Ben Earl as well as uncapped Max Malins called up to the England squad for the Baabaas game following confirmation that Wasps can fulfil the Premiership, putting into doubt Joe Heyes' selection in the match day 23 however the fact that they have only joined could mean Jones just wants to integrate them into the fold before the Italy game.
I doubt they'll risk Sinckler Vs the Baabaas there's actual games coming up soon. Better to have Stuart, Heyes and Kerrod (for the Baabaas) all get game time.
Kerrod has been released and is playing for the Baabaas.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 am Any idea if the teams are announced today or tomorrow?
As it's a Sunday fixture, most likely tomorrow.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 am
sam16111986 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:39 pm
Kerrod has been released and is playing for the Baabaas.
Yes, I know. See above.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My mistake I thought you meant for the Baabaas game not playing for them.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54652034

Somebody's been naughty.

Game in doubt now apparently.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

They know the rules & have signed up on those terms.

In times like these the income is vital and to risk that for a night out is irresponsible and unnaceptable.
After the game I don't have an issue (if it is within the law) but compromising the match and potentially the upcoming 6N matches simply isn't on.

The income from these games keeps people in jobs.
OK the players are young and thus low risk if they do catch it, but they don't have the right to expect their team mates an opponents to take more risk than they should and with it risk families and other staff members.