Predictions 20-21

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5982
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by JP14 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Hey at least we beat Saints this year.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5982
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by JP14 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:32 pm

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:18 pm
I’m a Tigers Fan so we are going to win the title next season obviously. And if we don’t it’s going to be the fault of the Ref, TMO, Steve Diamond, unnecessary kicking (except when it’s necessary), Matt O’Connor, and whoever got rid of Harry Thacker. :smt003

Oh you lot of little faith.........
You've forgotten Simon Cohen, Smurf, Freddie Tuilagi, Ged Glynn...
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by Tiglon » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:18 pm
I’m a Tigers Fan so we are going to win the title next season obviously. And if we don’t it’s going to be the fault of the Ref, TMO, Steve Diamond, unnecessary kicking (except when it’s necessary), Matt O’Connor, and whoever got rid of Harry Thacker. :smt003

Oh you lot of little faith.........
It shouldn't be that hard - all we need to do is get Nadolo one on one in the 22 four times per match and we've at least got 22 TBPs. Easy.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4010
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by strawclearer » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:18 pm
I’m a Tigers Fan so we are going to win the title next season obviously. And if we don’t it’s going to be the fault of the Ref, TMO, Steve Diamond, unnecessary kicking (except when it’s necessary), Matt O’Connor, and whoever got rid of Harry Thacker. :smt003

Oh you lot of little faith.........
It shouldn't be that hard - all we need to do is get Nadolo one on one in the 22 four times per match and we've at least got 22 TBPs. Easy.
Actually - there are worse tactics!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1936
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by fentiger » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:32 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:27 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:18 pm
I’m a Tigers Fan so we are going to win the title next season obviously. And if we don’t it’s going to be the fault of the Ref, TMO, Steve Diamond, unnecessary kicking (except when it’s necessary), Matt O’Connor, and whoever got rid of Harry Thacker. :smt003

Oh you lot of little faith.........
It shouldn't be that hard - all we need to do is get Nadolo one on one in the 22 four times per match and we've at least got 22 TBPs. Easy.
Actually - there are worse tactics!
... and currently we're using them :smt044

aslongaswebeatsaints
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:36 pm

JP14 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm
Hey at least we beat Saints this year.
Exactly :smt038

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4627
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by Big Dai » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:43 pm

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:36 pm
JP14 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm
Hey at least we beat Saints this year.
Exactly :smt038
I'll just go with your handle..... Home and away.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Crofty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm
Location: The bagging area (unexpectedly)

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by Crofty » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:39 am

fentiger wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:32 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:27 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:36 pm


It shouldn't be that hard - all we need to do is get Nadolo one on one in the 22 four times per match and we've at least got 22 TBPs. Easy.
Actually - there are worse tactics!
... and currently we're using them :smt044
Careful, that's an inconvenient truth...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7191
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by jgriffin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:25 am

If injuries, events outside and steady team picks allow, I suspect about 5-7 games will be needed to let the potential of this team be realised. Consequently, I'd suggest about 8th but - with the previously mentioned fair wind - 5/6th, with a couple of surprise scalps later on.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by voice of the crumbie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:49 am

jgriffin wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:25 am
If injuries, events outside and steady team picks allow, I suspect about 5-7 games will be needed to let the potential of this team be realised. Consequently, I'd suggest about 8th but - with the previously mentioned fair wind - 5/6th, with a couple of surprise scalps later on.
I'd settle for that jg. My aspirations are be outside the relegation battle next season and anything beyond that is a bonus. If our new look squad and coaching team can achieve beyond that I'll be extremely pleased maybe even deliriously ecstatic.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5982
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by JP14 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:02 am

I'll settle for 8th, don't really want us scraping into the Champions Cup if we don't really deserve to.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by sapajo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:57 am

JP14 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:02 am
I'll settle for 8th, don't really want us scraping into the Champions Cup if we don't really deserve to.
Aim high, I say 6th, a 3 position improvement for me would be a big dissapointment for this squad and coaches.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by Tiglon » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:53 am

JP14 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:02 am
I'll settle for 8th, don't really want us scraping into the Champions Cup if we don't really deserve to.
if we qualify for it then we do deserve it. Sport is a pretty simple meritocracy in that regard.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5982
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by JP14 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:26 pm

I understand both poster's POV but I don't want us to scrape into the Champions Cup like Bath have in the last two seasons then get walloped in the pool stages.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerFeetSteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Predictions 20-21

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:44 pm

JP14 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:26 pm
I understand both poster's POV but I don't want us to scrape into the Champions Cup like Bath have in the last two seasons then get walloped in the pool stages.
I would take 6th getting in to the Champions cup, because I expect that if we're finishing there it's because of continuing improvement, ie we'd probably start at around an 8th place standard gradually improving over the season to a circa 4th place standard as I just don't see us starting straight in at a 6th place standard until the team has had a few moths to bed in, at which point I would suspect we'd be on course to play at a decent Champions cup standard the following season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: peteD, SthrnTiger, Traveller and 2 guests