Other Round 22 Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Round 22 Fixtures

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:18 pm Cheers,wasn’t aware. Was out all day yesterday
:smt023 :smt023 :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Early Bath try ,Obano
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bath in again,how quick they turned things around ay!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

A home SF for Wasps by the looks of things
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looks like Bath have blown it!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:57 pm Looks like Bath have blown it!
Only if the Sale game goes ahead and they can raise a strong team. They will need at least three points.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Pains me to write this but Wasps is a team that has shown how to turn things around: after they lost to us at Welford Road the Wasps decided to throw off the fear of losing by playing a great brand of attacking rugby. Yes, they beat an Exeter second/ third team today but I do believe they have a chance of beating Exeter again if they overcome their semi final opponents.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:45 pm Pains me to write this but Wasps is a team that has shown how to turn things around: after they lost to us at Welford Road the Wasps decided to throw off the fear of losing by playing a great brand of attacking rugby. Yes, they beat an Exeter second/ third team today but I do believe they have a chance of beating Exeter again if they overcome their semi final opponents.
Bath have turned it around very quickly too,even their own fans were dreading Hoopers appointment
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Doubtless Wasps and Bath have turned their respective seasons around.Their problem , like many have found before them ,will be continue to build on what is thus far a change of voice or face at the helm.Still, in comparative terms, a good position to be in and a nice problem to have.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Sale’s squad are understood to have had drinks at the club’s Carrington training ground after beating Harlequins 27-19 on September 21. The club confirmed that the players had “a couple of beers” but strongly deny that this was the source of the outbreak.
quote from the telegraph which in turn quotes "the club" ok not a named source...

Tbh the fact the club confirmed that players had a couple of beers after the win at the club training ground at at time where you're only allowed in the pub in groups of 6 (and shouldn't mix with any other groups) unless they claim a few beers count as part of their elite sport exemption, all that's being argued is the extent to which they broke the rules.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Realistically, little of surprise therein.The 'necessary' and not unexpected groundwork.
Await Tuesday's second set of results with interest.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:14 am
Sale’s squad are understood to have had drinks at the club’s Carrington training ground after beating Harlequins 27-19 on September 21. The club confirmed that the players had “a couple of beers” but strongly deny that this was the source of the outbreak.
quote from the telegraph which in turn quotes "the club" ok not a named source...

Tbh the fact the club confirmed that players had a couple of beers after the win at the club training ground at at time where you're only allowed in the pub in groups of 6 (and shouldn't mix with any other groups) unless they claim a few beers count as part of their elite sport exemption, all that's being argued is the extent to which they broke the rules.
I've never been to their Carrington training ground, but it doesn't sound like a pub...

I'm not sure why Covid would be more likely to spread between players while having a drink as opposed to in a scrum. I would in fact think it would be completely the opposite.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:33 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:14 am

I've never been to their Carrington training ground, but it doesn't sound like a pub...

I'm not sure why Covid would be more likely to spread between players while having a drink as opposed to in a scrum. I would in fact think it would be completely the opposite.
Indoor rugby, think about it! :smt003
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Teams have been announced for tommorow's game.

Sale: L James; Solomona, S James, Hill, Yarde; R du Preez, Cliff; Harrison, Neild, Morozov, Postlethwaite, J-L du Preez, Ross (capt), Curry, D du Preez.

Replacements: Ashman, Ford, Jones, Murphy, Dugdale, Bedlow, Curtis, Doherty.

Worcester: Pennell; Nanai, Lawrence, van Breda, Heward; Searle, Hougaard; Waller, Cutting Palframan, Bresler, Kitchener, Hill (capt), Lewis, Mama.

Replacements: Annett, Black, Morris, Batley, Williams, Dodd, Simpson, Shillcock.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.