Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Round 22 Fixtures

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 pm
Wes wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:41 pm How can any protocol possibly guard against it unless non of the team are allowed to come into contact with each other at all. To think otherwise is pure fantasy. Other teams not having it is pure luck, not better management.
Exactly. I don't know what the circumstances were but it's actually surprising more matches weren't lost this season. Look at rubgy league - Hull FC had a significant outbreak because a player had to take his child to hospital. No rules were broken there. Rugby is a sport where is a single forward gets a false negative test then it's going to cause massive issues as there is no avoiding large amounts of close contact in the scrum, lineouts, mauls and all the training involved in those.

Sale players may have kept to every protocol possible, they still live with families that have to live their lives as well.
Agree completely which is why Sale's initial statement that they were able to fulfil their fixture on Sunday and it was Worcester and PHE that put the brakes on it. Had it been played as Sale wanted another club would have a widespread outbreak.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:54 pm It's 6 more players, 2 more staff.

They might have breached the rules, they might not. Safety measures are there to minimise the risk not completely eradicate it. Have a look at the world around you, it's not that easy to protect against Covid.

Claiming Premiership Rugby are desperate for Sale to win the title is ridiculous, sorry. They're just desperate for matches to be played and the competition to be decided by rugby, not Covid.

Some of the nonsense on here coming from fellow Tigers fans is just depressing. Seriously, what have Sale done that's so offensive to you all, or is it just because they signed Manu? The bitterness is outright embarrassing, grow up.

Until Sale or their players are proven to have broken any protocols I have sympathy with them and I'm disappointed that the season couldn't be played out in full.
I'm not bitter, it's just the way it's been handled has left an aftertaste. It is always about the money these days, I would have been even angrier if this had been Tigers not putting their hands up and forfeiting last Friday!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:54 pmsome of the nonsense on here coming from fellow Tigers fans is just depressing. Seriously, what have Sale done that's so offensive to you all, or is it just because they signed Manu? The bitterness is outright embarrassing, grow up.
I don't think it is Sale or Manu it is aimed at, it's the complete numpty that is Steve Diamond.

Some people see him as a straight talker that says it like it is whilst the rest of us see something completely different
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:56 pm I don't think it is Sale or Manu it is aimed at, it's the complete numpty that is Steve Diamond.

Some people see him as a straight talker that says it like it is whilst the rest of us see something completely different
He used to be the former but has morphed into the latter since he began to play the 'poor us, hard done by, we can't afford to spend the full cap' card!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

fentiger wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:22 pm
Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:56 pm I don't think it is Sale or Manu it is aimed at, it's the complete numpty that is Steve Diamond.

He used to be the former but has morphed into the latter since he began to play the 'poor us, hard done by, we can't afford to spend the full cap' card!
It's not just the disingenuous poor me poor sharks posturing; when our then Head Coach (now DoR) gave some harsh language back at a fan in the heat of the moment he was, quite rightly, admonished on here pretty much universally. There are many reports of Diamond "offering people out" well away from the heat of the moment because he doesn't like what they have said or written about his team or his management style or tactics in the media. Pugnacious will generally get a person a positive review from me, I was and still am a fan of Cockers, but Diamond goes over the line from pugnacious to a bully as far as I can see and unfortunately his way is bleeding into a small but loud subsection of Sale's fanbase.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

A small subsection of Sale’s fan base would be very small indeed.............
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

At least this particular saga had the correct conclusion.I guess the cause of the outbreak at Sale can and will never be substantiated , but in these times health has to come first.I wish all of those affected a full and speedy recovery.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Crofty wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:55 am
fentiger wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:22 pm

It's not just the disingenuous poor me poor sharks posturing; when our then Head Coach (now DoR) gave some harsh language back at a fan in the heat of the moment he was, quite rightly, admonished on here pretty much universally. There are many reports of Diamond "offering people out" well away from the heat of the moment because he doesn't like what they have said or written about his team or his management style or tactics in the media. Pugnacious will generally get a person a positive review from me, I was and still am a fan of Cockers, but Diamond goes over the line from pugnacious to a bully as far as I can see and unfortunately his way is bleeding into a small but loud subsection of Sale's fanbase.
:smt023
northerntiger wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:16 am A small subsection of Sale’s fan base would be very small indeed.............
:smt044
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

The nasty comments by some posters on here concerning Steve Diamond is sometimes nasty and sometimes arrogant. He is a director of rugby who always says it as it is and I admire him that he is passionate about his club, I don’t always agree with some of his statements, maybe too one eyed in some instances.
He is in the same mould as Cockers in his attitude, abrasive, arrogant and opinionated.
As a DOR he has turned Sale into a top four side unlike our DOR who turned Tigers into a side who have been very fortunate not to be related this season and I for one cannot understand why Murphy is still employed in any capacity at our club.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BigDan50 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:54 pm The nasty comments by some posters on here concerning Steve Diamond is sometimes nasty and sometimes arrogant. He is a director of rugby who always says it as it is and I admire him that he is passionate about his club, I don’t always agree with some of his statements, maybe too one eyed in some instances.
He is in the same mould as Cockers in his attitude, abrasive, arrogant and opinionated.
As a DOR he has turned Sale into a top four side unlike our DOR who turned Tigers into a side who have been very fortunate not to be related this season and I for one cannot understand why Murphy is still employed in any capacity at our club.
Not Ford this week?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Premiership Semi Finals this Saturday :

Wasps v Bristol Bears
Exeter v Bath

Looking forward to both games , look close and potentially entertaining .
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:40 am Premiership Semi Finals this Saturday :

Wasps v Bristol Bears
Exeter v Bath

Can't wait to be at the final
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:40 am Premiership Semi Finals this Saturday :

Wasps v Bristol Bears
Exeter v Bath

Amazing that Luke Pearce Refereed us v Exeter and now he is to Referee the Semi final Exeter Chiefs v Bath when he lives local to Sandy Park and allegedly !! I am told uses the onsite Lloyd gym there! I thought he came up to Tigers on Tony's coach.
Do not get me wrong I want Chiefs to win but even J Griffin must have a shake of the head on that one! :smt009
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Fans or no fans, I’d be surprised if it’s not 2 home wins tomorrow. As much as Bristol throw caution to the wind, Wasps will have enough fire power to beat them. The 9, 10, 12 axis is so good. Gopperth just gets better every year. Cheifs won’t get a better chance of a domestic/European double.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Have no issue with him reffing any team.
Dave Pearson used to ref Newcastle games.
Rob Debney and Martin Fox used to ref Tigers games.
The TMO nowadays seems to jump in when wrong decisions are made and Luke has been placed on the International panel.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk