Other Round 22 Fixtures

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Round 22 Fixtures

Post by JP14 »

The fixture has yet to be confirmed, still awaiting COVID test results from today.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So if Sale do play tomorrow then they could play Saturday which leaves them less than ZERO chance of realistically making the final. Concede tomorrow’s game and let a fresh Bath have a chance? As if haha
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:22 am Daily Fail reckon it's off tonight

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... D-OFF.html
Should not have been allowed anyway.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:26 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:22 am Daily Fail reckon it's off tonight

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... D-OFF.html
Should not have been allowed anyway.
Agreed.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It's officially called off after 6 more Sale players test positive.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

I’m looking forward to Diamond’s world-beating excuse this time round (& the club’s statement too). Should be the best entertainment of the week after the stupidity of their claims at the weekend
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Grimlish wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:59 am I’m looking forward to Diamond’s world-beating excuse this time round (& the club’s statement too). Should be the best entertainment of the week after the stupidity of their claims at the weekend
Indeed! We must all be prepared to offer up our fullest sympathy to that poor Northern outpost :smt044
Make no mistake it is undoubtedly due to Sale's geographic position that Premier Rugby et all are desperate for them to win the title!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

As ever, I stand with and have sympathy for their fans. Must be absolutley gutting. Their best season for a long while and then this happens, which you have to suspect could have been avoided, although it's difficult to pass comment / judgement until there is reliable infomration as to how it came about.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

A question I have is that Sale insist they have not broken any of the Covid protocols - yet significant numbers of infections. So therefore the protocol must be inadequate??
Any thoughts?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:51 am It's officially called off after 6 more Sale players test positive.
According to the BBC its 8 more a total of 27 absolutely ridiculous!! So Sale miss out on play offs

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/54373489
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:10 pm A question I have is that Sale insist they have not broken any of the Covid protocols - yet significant numbers of infections. So therefore the protocol must be inadequate??
Any thoughts?
Two choices really. Protocol is inadequate or compliance is. Same result either way.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Wes

Post by Wes »

How can any protocol possibly guard against it unless non of the team are allowed to come into contact with each other at all. To think otherwise is pure fantasy. Other teams not having it is pure luck, not better management.
I only live there to wind up the population!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Wes wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:41 pm How can any protocol possibly guard against it unless non of the team are allowed to come into contact with each other at all. To think otherwise is pure fantasy. Other teams not having it is pure luck, not better management.
Exactly. I don't know what the circumstances were but it's actually surprising more matches weren't lost this season. Look at rubgy league - Hull FC had a significant outbreak because a player had to take his child to hospital. No rules were broken there. Rugby is a sport where is a single forward gets a false negative test then it's going to cause massive issues as there is no avoiding large amounts of close contact in the scrum, lineouts, mauls and all the training involved in those.

Sale players may have kept to every protocol possible, they still live with families that have to live their lives as well.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It's 6 more players, 2 more staff.

They might have breached the rules, they might not. Safety measures are there to minimise the risk not completely eradicate it. Have a look at the world around you, it's not that easy to protect against Covid.

Claiming Premiership Rugby are desperate for Sale to win the title is ridiculous, sorry. They're just desperate for matches to be played and the competition to be decided by rugby, not Covid.

Some of the nonsense on here coming from fellow Tigers fans is just depressing. Seriously, what have Sale done that's so offensive to you all, or is it just because they signed Manu? The bitterness is outright embarrassing, grow up.

Until Sale or their players are proven to have broken any protocols I have sympathy with them and I'm disappointed that the season couldn't be played out in full.