Tigers vs Quins - 04 Oct 20 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers vs Quins - 04 Oct 20 15:00

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

It's jumping to conclusions to suggest that the club or the players are culpable.

I'd suggest starting with, 'Worrying news, hope the players and staff are OK and not suffering severe symptoms, a Prem game is of little importance compared to people's health'...
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:42 pm For the sake of the league, forfeit. I don't care if it costs Sale the Premiership they should they have had more stringent measures in place and/or more stringent obedience by the players.
Virologist are you?

Looking from another view, isn’t it reassuring that the stringent measures and testing regime have succeeded in picking up any infections before a game limiting spread between clubs.

Personally, I don’t think punishing a team for getting infected by a bug that continues to defeat human ingenuity and exploit human stupidity is the right way to go. This only risks coverups where openness is required. What should be happening is wishing the players a speedy recovery and congratulating sale for following the protocols and being open and honest, which in turn saves lives.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Is delayed team announcements for other test results to come in or Sale to reshuffle who they're actually naming?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It was bound to happen somewhere along the line. No schadenfreude thanks.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:52 pm It was bound to happen somewhere along the line. No schadenfreude thanks.
Blimey, “schadenfreude” - have you eaten a dictionary? :smt003 :smt003
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:42 pm For the sake of the league, forfeit. I don't care if it costs Sale the Premiership they should they have had more stringent measures in place and/or more stringent obedience by the players.
Virologist are you?

Looking from another view, isn’t it reassuring that the stringent measures and testing regime have succeeded in picking up any infections before a game limiting spread between clubs.

Personally, I don’t think punishing a team for getting infected by a bug that continues to defeat human ingenuity and exploit human stupidity is the right way to go. This only risks coverups where openness is required. What should be happening is wishing the players a speedy recovery and congratulating sale for following the protocols and being open and honest, which in turn saves lives.
The rules are clear, if a club can’t field a team because of Covid-19 that’s a 20-0 loss, they shouldn’t be tossed away because Diamond had a hissy fit!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

The rules are clear that the Sale forfeit, no one can really call this season legitimate after the complete farce of the mismatched games after the restart.

I do think it's harsh though. If Saints' players are also infected then it suggests a lot of transmission at the game which has nothing to do with Sale's training regimes etc. Players aren't in biosecure environments, they have partners that go to work and children that go to school.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

According to Sale’s twitter the game is on, not sure how...
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

SthrnTiger wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 pm According to Sale’s twitter the game is on, not sure how...
According to their website their first team squad is 32 players assuming all are fit which they wont be (De Jager for example), 16 have covid apparently which leaves 16, they're gonna have a hell of a lot of academy players playing on sunday!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54391167

Seems reckless, people with close contact are meant to self isolate for a while it takes time for symptoms to develop. Other clubs in France cancelled games eg Castre to ensure that other players did not carry it to others.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Premiership Rugby will have the final say.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:02 pm It's jumping to conclusions to suggest that the club or the players are culpable.

I'd suggest starting with, 'Worrying news, hope the players and staff are OK and not suffering severe symptoms, a Prem game is of little importance compared to people's health'...
This. Any safety measures can only ever reduce the risk of transmission and never to zero.

However, it's hard to imagine how all the rest of the players have not been in close contact and therefore needing to isolate. Even a negative test result is (apparently) only 70% reliable. I'm sure that no one will want to risk negative PR and it's unlikely Sale will be allowed to play unless all the relevant authorities agree that it is safe to do so.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Can imagine how annoyed Rowe will get when Exeter lose to a Bristol team that only got in the final because Sale forfeited a game...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Castre call off a European quarter final after just 3 tests and have to call off a game 2 weeks later as they're still getting positive tests...

Racing call off a domestic game after 9 test positive...

Sale have 16 positive tests and don't want to risk missing a domestic semifinal so say they still plan to fulfill the fixture...

Look I don't know the details but if the game goes ahead and any more test positive who play then Diamond should get the book thrown at him