Fans back at a game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans back at a game?

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 pm Having seen the pictures of the London Palladian last night. It does frustrate me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54521741

There they (despite the rules saying only go below 2m in exceptional circumstances) have worked to a 1m rule, packed the place with 50% capacity in an indoor arena.

How can that be safer than a 20% capacity Welford road? There are so many inconsistencies with the rules. If they were going to say no fans in one sector why can the arts do one thing and sport another.

This isn't me having a go at the London Palladian or the arts they are doing what they can to survive, just feels like sports are having their hands tied to prevent them from doing the same.

Stagger arrivals, maximising people driving to the ground, set up one way systems through the ground. There are things the club can do that would be at least as safe as plenty of the things people are doing in tier 2 regions....
Never been to London Palladium but the issue that is sighted when allowing crowds back into sports arena is the stadium pinch points you have to navigate getting to and from your seats, the concourse areas which are frequently rammed and toilets. In these pinch points 2 meters is extremely difficult to maintain unlike
Stadium seating.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans back at a game?

Post by JP14 »

I believe it may have been a part of DCMS's Operation Sleeping Beauty which is a scheme to trial opening the theatres again. Don't get me wrong as a massive theatre fan myself I think this is great news, at the same time it makes the decision to not let sport fans of any kind back in stadia ridiculous.

As with everything else, it seems Government restrictions are being governed by stereotypes i.e. sports fans are too rowdy and can't be trusted to maintained social distancing whereas people in a theatre can be, however the fact it's taken this long to have any kind of show at a theatre is quite frankly taking the proverbial.

Both industries have been completely done over since March, so there's no point in sports fans, pundits, players (and in some cases, clubs) blaming the West End who let's not forget haven't really been able to do anything at all where at least we have had games.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni