Fans back at a game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Fans back at a game?

Post by trendylfj »

Why is it ok for fans to go back to Ulster to watch a game - thought it was banned throughout the UK.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/pro14/ ... -kingspan/
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans back at a game?

Post by jgriffin »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:04 pm Why is it ok for fans to go back to Ulster to watch a game - thought it was banned throughout the UK.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/pro14/ ... -kingspan/
If it's an allowed trial, then welcome.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The rules only apply in England with regards to sports attendance. Devolved governments for Wales, Scotland and Ireland are able to make their own decisions.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Toulon apparently had 5000 in their three stands. If the pandemic eases off I feel sure we could easily get over 5000 well spaced out in our three stands, leaving the Crumbie for the red zone.. Oh keep dreaming!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wormus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:41 pm Toulon apparently had 5000 in their three stands. If the pandemic eases off I feel sure we could easily get over 5000 well spaced out in our three stands, leaving the Crumbie for the red zone.. Oh keep dreaming!
Was reduced to 1000 for the game on Saturday and until further notice.
www.matthampson.co.uk
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:50 pm
wormus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:41 pm Toulon apparently had 5000 in their three stands. If the pandemic eases off I feel sure we could easily get over 5000 well spaced out in our three stands, leaving the Crumbie for the red zone.. Oh keep dreaming!
Well I got the 5000 crowd figure from the LTTV Harry Potter post match chat and certainly watching it on BT there were well over the 1000 you are suggesting in their three stands. However were you there Tigerbeat?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

wormus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 pm
Well I got the 5000 crowd figure from the LTTV Harry Potter post match chat and certainly watching it on BT there were well over the 1000 you are suggesting in their three stands. However were you there Tigerbeat?
I had read in the news that France were imposing restrictions of crowds to a maximum of 1000, reduced from 5000.
www.matthampson.co.uk
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:05 pm
I had read in the news that France were imposing restrictions of crowds to a maximum of 1000, reduced from 5000.
:smt023 but wish it was increasing in spectators.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

To be fair I remember Toulon finding an extra 1500 (I think) seats at the Mayol so they didn't have to relocate a Heineken Cup semifinal to Marseille, all without any additional structures going up that I could see from my seat on the stairs of Aileron Nord...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

wormus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:09 pm
:smt023 but wish it was increasing in spectators.
France only follows the rules it wants to, didn't you realise that?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I doubt there's many Tigers fans will be in a rush to go to Welford Road just now.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 pm I doubt there's many Tigers fans will be in a rush to go to Welford Road just now.
:smt039 oh sir, me sir! Shouting at the players might have slightly more of an effect than shouting at the television (or at least I'll be able to kid myself on that way...)
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Having seen the pictures of the London Palladian last night. It does frustrate me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54521741

There they (despite the rules saying only go below 2m in exceptional circumstances) have worked to a 1m rule, packed the place with 50% capacity in an indoor arena.

How can that be safer than a 20% capacity Welford road? There are so many inconsistencies with the rules. If they were going to say no fans in one sector why can the arts do one thing and sport another.

This isn't me having a go at the London Palladian or the arts they are doing what they can to survive, just feels like sports are having their hands tied to prevent them from doing the same.

Stagger arrivals, maximising people driving to the ground, set up one way systems through the ground. There are things the club can do that would be at least as safe as plenty of the things people are doing in tier 2 regions....
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The rules don't say only go below 2m in exceptional circumstances, it's more complicated than that. I agree with your point though - why is that safe but sports stadiums aren't?

Bonkers.