Tigers vs Bristol

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tigers vs Bristol

Post by dunc »

What do we think the team will be on Wednesday night?

Here are my thoughts.

15) Steward
14) Porter
13) Kelly
12) Hardwick
11) Van Wyk
10) Henry
9) White
8) Coughlan
7) Wallace
6) Lewis
5) Henderson
4) Enever
3) Leitigaga
2) Clare
1) Gigena

16) Dimen
17) Kerr
18) Heyes
19) Chessum
20) Smith
21) Youngs
22) Ford
23) Murimurivalu
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by sam16111986 »

Dimen and Heyes are both tightheads. Leatigaga was pretty poor off the bench Vs Toloun I'd prefer to see Heyes start. Gigena at loosehead as he only came on late vs Toulon. Bower and Leatigaga on the bench.

Mamukashvili hopefully ready for a go in the 2 shirt with Kerr on the bench. Give Clare a rest as he's played quite a bit and Youngs looked to be struggling last night so we might need Clare for the weekend.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

dunc wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:27 am What do we think the team will be on Wednesday night?

Here are my thoughts.

15) Steward
14) Porter
13) Kelly
12) Hardwick
11) Van Wyk
10) Henry
9) White
8) Coughlan
7) Wallace
6) Lewis
5) Henderson
4) Enever
3) Leitigaga
2) Clare
1) Gigena

16) Dimen
17) Kerr
18) Heyes
19) Chessum
20) Smith
21) Youngs
22) Ford
23) Murimurivalu
15 Steward
14 Williams
13 Kelly
12 Worth
11 Van Wyk
10 Henry
9 White
1 Gigena
2 Mamu
3 Leatigaga
4 Enever
5 Henderson
6 Chessum
7 Wallace
8 Smith
16 Kerr
17 Bower
18 Heyes
19 Lewis
20 Coughlan
21 JVP
22 McPhillips
23 Simmons
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

For what it is worth , I'd let this one be concentrating all (real) effort in the final round game Vs Quins next Sunday (Oct 4).
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:32 am For what it is worth , I'd let this one be concentrating all (real) effort in the final round game Vs Quins next Sunday (Oct 4).
I agree with you. Currently all we're playing for is form for next season and the secondary prize of leapfrogging Irish &/or Worcester.. in that regard you'd expect Irish & Worcester to have tough nights on Wednesday.

Quins is the one we should be targeting. That's got to be our targeted standard next season. Mid table around that 6th place. If we can beat or even compete in that game it suggests we're ahead of schedule on the path to recovery.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Pretty similar to Dokie’s team above with a few tweaks:

15 Steward
14 Williams
13 Kelly
12 Porter
11 Van Wyk
10 Henry
9 White
1 Gigena
2 Mamu
3 Leatigaga
4 Enever
5 Henderson
6 Lewis
7 Wallace
8 Coghlan
16 Kerr
17 Bower
18 Heyes
19 Chessum
20 Smith
21 JVP
22 McPhillips
23 Simmons
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BG01

Post by BG01 »

Do we know if Enever is fit?

My team would be:
15) Steward
14) Van Wyk
13) Forsyth
12) Porter
11) Williams
10) Henry
9) White
8) Coughlan
7) Wallace
6) Smith
5) Henderson
4) Enever
3) Leitigaga
2) Mamukashvili
1) Gigena

16) Kerr
17) Bower
18) Heyes
19) Chessum
20) Lewis
21) Simmons
22) Ford
23) Hardwick
Never believe generalisations
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

BG01 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:39 pm Do we know if Enever is fit?

My team would be:
15) Steward
14) Van Wyk
13) Forsyth
12) Porter
11) Williams
10) Henry
9) White
8) Coughlan
7) Wallace
6) Smith
5) Henderson
4) Enever
3) Leitigaga
2) Mamukashvili
1) Gigena

16) Kerr
17) Bower
18) Heyes
19) Chessum
20) Lewis
21) Simmons
22) Ford
23) Hardwick
Would be disappointed to see a loan player selected ahead of the likes of Kelly, Worth. I get why we signed Forsyth and Jennings but would prefer to see Kelly as I think it would be great exposure for him
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

I see a lot of people hoping for Van Wyk to start but I’d be worried about pushing him into a much weaker side as if he’s playing with our B/C team he’ll probably be doing a lot of hard work and defending and we wouldn’t see the best of him. I’d rather leave him until he’s probably slightly more ready for the Quins game and put him in a better side to see the best he can do and he can have a better debut.

Thoughts?
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Richardfje wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm I see a lot of people hoping for Van Wyk to start but I’d be worried about pushing him into a much weaker side as if he’s playing with our B/C team he’ll probably be doing a lot of hard work and defending and we wouldn’t see the best of him. I’d rather leave him until he’s probably slightly more ready for the Quins game and put him in a better side to see the best he can do and he can have a better debut.

Thoughts?
It should be a competitive game on Wednesday. After their exertions against Bordeaux, you’d expect Bristol to field a largely second team unless they feel they have to go strong to win both remaining games to make the playoffs.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Richardfje wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:28 pm I see a lot of people hoping for Van Wyk to start but I’d be worried about pushing him into a much weaker side as if he’s playing with our B/C team he’ll probably be doing a lot of hard work and defending and we wouldn’t see the best of him. I’d rather leave him until he’s probably slightly more ready for the Quins game and put him in a better side to see the best he can do and he can have a better debut.

Thoughts?
Fair point but I guess both are winnable games. I would expect Bristol to field a B team as they played at the weekend and have a final coming up. Quins we will have our A team for and should be in with a shout. I’d give VW 50-60 mins vs Bristol then have him as impact off the bench for Quins. He will add some great strength and pace to our back line vs Bristol and I think we are in with a great shout of getting something out of these last 2 matches
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:36 pm
Richardfje wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:28 pm I see a lot of people hoping for Van Wyk to start but I’d be worried about pushing him into a much weaker side as if he’s playing with our B/C team he’ll probably be doing a lot of hard work and defending and we wouldn’t see the best of him. I’d rather leave him until he’s probably slightly more ready for the Quins game and put him in a better side to see the best he can do and he can have a better debut.

Thoughts?
Fair point but I guess both are winnable games. I would expect Bristol to field a B team as they played at the weekend and have a final coming up. Quins we will have our A team for and should be in with a shout. I’d give VW 50-60 mins vs Bristol then have him as impact off the bench for Quins. He will add some great strength and pace to our back line vs Bristol and I think we are in with a great shout of getting something out of these last 2 matches
I cannot see us winning against Bristol, even if they field a weakened side. Against Harlequins, we have a good chance.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’ll be happy with 11th next season. Realistically we will be fighting it out at the bottom end with Newcastle,LI and Wuss. Only have to be better than one of them and then thank God ring fencing saves us! COYT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Can’t see Irish getting much away to Exeter or home to Bristol. Granted both will have their focus elsewhere so will likely be fielding weaker teams but it’s a great chance to climb up a place and get off the ‘bottom’. I’m hoping we can pick up at least 5 points from these last 2 games which may be enough. Whatever the results I just hope we can continue improving and get some confidence back for next season
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 pm I’ll be happy with 11th next season. Realistically we will be fighting it out at the bottom end with Newcastle,LI and Wuss. Only have to be better than one of them and then thank God ring fencing saves us! COYT!
You really do need to cheer up! :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.