Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Redstripeman

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by Redstripeman »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:32 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:29 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm

It’s so easy to be an armchair pundit, I get the attacks been pretty awful all day but the weather’s been awful, tactics aren’t in place yet and this team hasn’t played together. It’s so difficult to read someone sat at home handing out grief about the team he supposedly supports when they’re having an awful day. All I’m saying is judge the team at Christmas not now.
our entire attacking plan was to boot the ball back to Bristol and defend, that was it, same as we did before Borthwick came, the only person who could be insisting on that tactic is Murphy, we have learned NOTHING from that game in an attacking sense, no clue if Henry is a playmaker, no clue if Worth and Kelly are good Premiership centres, run good lines have enough pace to play there etc. what we know it our wingers can chase and our 9 and 10 kick
I agree with what your saying but this game was particularly bad because of weather but the club do need to try an actual attacking plan
...didn't Borthwick and Murphy agree, that they were not focusing on attack play and wanted to focus on defense!!!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

We’ve conceded 40 points in a league game 12 times from 1987-88 to 2017-18. 9 times since 2018-19.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm I feel like a lot of people are forgetting what loads of people on this forum agreed back before the season restart, which is that Tigers had very little to gain in the back end of this season so it can be used for Borthwick to test his squad. I feel like every time a very weak, young Tigers get a lot of points put on them by a much better side everyone starts to lose there mind.

My main point is that if this keeps happening week in week out next season, people are right to start getting very disappointed but this season when we all now it’s a time for testing the squad can we all stop being so negative.
Ooh controversial and very brave. Talking sense will get you nowhere on here.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:05 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:59 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pm

I am just a supporter the club has misplaced its trust in Murphy he is simply inept and we should have employed a truly world class coaching team. Instead we have employed an attack coach who has never coached at this level, a head coach who has never coached at this level and a defence coach who was last seasons attack coach. Sounds like a recipe for success does it not ?
I’m gonna be honest and say it’s difficult to employ ‘world class’ this and ‘world class’ that when you’re sitting at 11th in the premiership only above a team deducted points. Do remember, we’re not the place we used to be in terms of attraction for coaches
Pay enough and they shall come, the club told fans they would scour the world for a world class coach and would employ the same agents that secured the signature of Eddie Jones for England. MOC rang up Tigers and said I am unemployed so give me the job and the rest is now horrible history.
Not to call you out, but wondering if you have any evidence for either of those statements. I’m not saying MOC was at all the right decision, just saying that’s probably not exactly What happened. Also I’d hope you’d not be so naive and realise that when tigers say ‘they’ll Get a world class coaching set up’ they’ll try their hardest but it won’t be the absolute best. Also realise that even if it was the best in the world, results aren’t instant and take time. And finally I’m not sure Tigers have an unlimited amount of cash so your ‘pay and they will come’ logic doesn’t work
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:13 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm I feel like a lot of people are forgetting what loads of people on this forum agreed back before the season restart, which is that Tigers had very little to gain in the back end of this season so it can be used for Borthwick to test his squad. I feel like every time a very weak, young Tigers get a lot of points put on them by a much better side everyone starts to lose there mind.

My main point is that if this keeps happening week in week out next season, people are right to start getting very disappointed but this season when we all now it’s a time for testing the squad can we all stop being so negative.
Ooh controversial and very brave. Talking sense will get you nowhere on here.
Anyone would think for a minute that come November and after 7 years of terminal decline Tigers will be transformed by a miracle and until then no point in questioning why and how this shall come to pass.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:20 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:05 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:59 pm

I’m gonna be honest and say it’s difficult to employ ‘world class’ this and ‘world class’ that when you’re sitting at 11th in the premiership only above a team deducted points. Do remember, we’re not the place we used to be in terms of attraction for coaches
Pay enough and they shall come, the club told fans they would scour the world for a world class coach and would employ the same agents that secured the signature of Eddie Jones for England. MOC rang up Tigers and said I am unemployed so give me the job and the rest is now horrible history.
Not to call you out, but wondering if you have any evidence for either of those statements. I’m not saying MOC was at all the right decision, just saying that’s probably not exactly What happened. Also I’d hope you’d not be so naive and realise that when tigers say ‘they’ll Get a world class coaching set up’ they’ll try their hardest but it won’t be the absolute best. Also realise that even if it was the best in the world, results aren’t instant and take time. And finally I’m not sure Tigers have an unlimited amount of cash so your ‘pay and they will come’ logic doesn’t work
Yes you are calling me out and I stick to what I have posted if you don't believe it then so be it.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

How many of those players on show tonight are going to feature next season....? I’ll tell you, none. Maybe the odd bench spot, or injury replacement. These are Academy players, fringe squad players and players who will be loaned out next season. I agree it was dire, but didn’t we agree that we’re a long long way off...as in several seasons....from challenging ? Maybe people expect the second string to throw the ball around in wet conditions against a top class Bristol outfit and get some joy. We can’t win.....play conservatively and we are lacking ambition. If we had played loose tonight it would have been 60 or 70. But at least we’d have given it a go eh !!?

Oh sorry, that’s probably going to be classed as excuses. Get rid of the coaches....better ?
Last edited by westwinds31 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Hello, I'm a coach so I'm going to look at some things.
1, Players
2. Tactics
3. The Opposition

I am going to change our approach based on a combination of those three factors.

Nah, Just kick it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 pm How many of those players on show tonight are going to feature next season....? I’ll tell you, none. Maybe the odd bench spot, or injury replacement. These are Academy players, fringe squad players and players who will be loaned out next season. I agree it was dire, but didn’t we agree that we’re a long long way off...as in several seasons....from challenging ? Maybe people expect the second string to throw the ball around in wet conditions against a top class Bristol outfit and get some joy. We can’t win.....play conservatively and we are lacking ambition. If we had played loose tonight it would have been 60 or 70. But at least we’d have given it a go eh !!?

Oh sorry, that’s probably going to be classes as excuses. Get rid of the coaches....better ?
Totally disagree White, Potter, Henry, Gigena, Leatigaga, Heyes and Steward at least will feature next season.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 pm Hello, I'm a coach so I'm going to look at some things.
1, Players
2. Tactics
3. The Opposition

I am going to change our approach based on a combination of those three factors.

Nah,Just kick it.
You have to just kick when you cannot do anything with it
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Maybe the odd bench spot.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

We may not like the selections, the style of play or the tactics used in these games. The number of new players and coaches brought in to the set up is being managed in their own way and they see how the training goes. It was always intended that the matches post COVID would be used as pre-season and developing players. Next season will define whether this is on the road to recovery.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 pm Hello, I'm a coach so I'm going to look at some things.
1, Players
2. Tactics
3. The Opposition

Nah, Just kick it.
I think the commentators were take the p.... out of us tonight, their comments about our kicking and our pathetic performance, selections makes no sense since lockdown. Laughed at us! :smt022
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I don't agree that none of today's team will be playing in the coming season, especially during the numerous internationals.
A life long Tiger
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Leicester could've won if it was a Saturday 3pm kick off.
Big difference in quality.
Bristol well worth the 2k per knock on.