sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by sapajo »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:30 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm

It’s so easy to be an armchair pundit, I get the attacks been pretty awful all day but the weather’s been awful, tactics aren’t in place yet and this team hasn’t played together. It’s so difficult to read someone sat at home handing out grief about the team he supposedly supports when they’re having an awful day. All I’m saying is judge the team at Christmas not now.
No you judge the team constantly not bury your head in the sand expecting jam later that view is precisely why we are where we are. It's time to end the rot we have had years of false dawn's
Honestly asking then, what should the club do now
I am just a supporter the club has misplaced its trust in Murphy he is simply inept and we should have employed a truly world class coaching team. Instead we have employed an attack coach who has never coached at this level, a head coach who has never coached at this level and a defence coach who was last seasons attack coach. Sounds like a recipe for success does it not ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Get this in proportion chaps. Did anyone seriously think we were in with a chance against that team?
Tigers consisted of second team and academy players . Sinkler for instance would be a hard nut to crack
had we fielded Cole and Genge. Given the weather and CMK who hates us, this had a hiding to nothing all over it, long before they arrived at the ground. If during the new season we get stuffed like that then there will be some motive for the misery but tonight, see it for what it was, have a couple of pints and forget it.
A life long Tiger
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I can only assume they are playing poker and not wanting to show their hand too early.
You watch, next season we'll come out all guns blazing!!

Why is there no 'fingers crossed' emoji??...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ads wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 pm I can only assume they are playing poker and not wanting to show their hand too early.
You watch, next season we'll come out all guns blazing!!

Why is there no 'fingers crossed' emoji??...
Sincerely hope your right :smt023
Last edited by sapajo on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Smudge wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:39 pm Get this in proportion chaps. Did anyone seriously think we were in with a chance against that team?
Tigers consisted of second team and academy players . Sinkler for instance would be a hard nut to crack
had we fielded Cole and Genge. Given the weather and CMK who hates us, this had a hiding to nothing all over it, long before they arrived at the ground. If during the new season we get stuffed like that then there will be some motive for the misery but tonight, see it for what it was, have a couple of pints and forget it.
Fair comments it's not the fact that we lost that bothers me it's the complete absence of any semblance of a performance and the weather was the same for both teams.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Smudge wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:39 pm Get this in proportion chaps. Did anyone seriously think we were in with a chance against that team?
Completely agree
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

With the other results we are now only able to finish 11th
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Murphy the new Cohen?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 pm

No you judge the team constantly not bury your head in the sand expecting jam later that view is precisely why we are where we are. It's time to end the rot we have had years of false dawn's
I am just a supporter the club has misplaced its trust in Murphy he is simply inept and we should have employed a truly world class coaching team. Instead we have employed an attack coach who has never coached at this level, a head coach who has never coached at this level and a defence coach who was last seasons attack coach. Sounds like a recipe for success does it not ?
I’m gonna be honest and say it’s difficult to employ ‘world class’ this and ‘world class’ that when you’re sitting at 11th in the premiership only above a team deducted points. Do remember, we’re not the place we used to be in terms of attraction for coaches
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Are there any postives to Murphy being DoR? Other than him no longer being head coach?
Semper in excretia
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:59 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pm

I’m gonna be honest and say it’s difficult to employ ‘world class’ this and ‘world class’ that when you’re sitting at 11th in the premiership only above a team deducted points. Do remember, we’re not the place we used to be in terms of attraction for coaches
Pay enough and they shall come, the club told fans they would scour the world for a world class coach and would employ the same agents that secured the signature of Eddie Jones for England. MOC rang up Tigers and said I am unemployed so give me the job and the rest is now horrible history.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 pm Are there any postives to Murphy being DoR? Other than him no longer being head coach?
Errrrrrrrrrrr............
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 pm Are there any postives to Murphy being DoR? Other than him no longer being head coach?
He's there to be moaned about now Cohen's left.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:05 pm
He's there to be moaned about now Cohen's left.
Brung it on himself!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Yes he gets promoted and made richer for his stellar success as Head Coach