sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by sapajo »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm

He’s only been here a matter of months give him a chance, or you should have a go at his job trying to build rhythm with a back line that changes every week with a group of players he’s never worked with and haven’t really played with each other.
Do me a favour our attack is worse than my old school second XV and they were schoolboy amateurs
It’s so easy to be an armchair pundit, I get the attacks been pretty awful all day but the weather’s been awful, tactics aren’t in place yet and this team hasn’t played together. It’s so difficult to read someone sat at home handing out grief about the team he supposedly supports when they’re having an awful day. All I’m saying is judge the team at Christmas not now.
No you judge the team constantly not bury your head in the sand expecting jam later that view is precisely why we are where we are. It's time to end the rot we have had years of false dawn's
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm Why does Borthwick look so calm and content with our performance? :smt022

Even the commentators are saying stop kicking it.
Suspect that Borthwick has a plan and it will work out in time. These games have given him a chance to see the players and how they adapt themselves. More effort and have kept playing for 80 minutes.
... kept kicking for 80 minutes!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm All I’m saying is judge the team at Christmas not now.
Which Christmas?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:11 pm
Old Hob wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Testing the squad is fine. But using losing tactics week after week is just moronic
I see what you mean but it’s difficult to implement tactics when the side is changing every weak so much, I get the frustration I just find it very annoying to read so much negativity from a group of so called ‘fans’
Forums and blogs were invented for the views of fans whether good,bad or indifferent. They are a place to vent ,as long as we are not booing at the ground what’s the problem? Happy clappers who are constantly positive are as bad imo
Yes, sorry I agree that you can vent on here, my point came across wrong. I just don’t agree with all the point making out that all of management should be sacked as that wouldn’t help the club at all because the club needs time to build in this new environment
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm Damn Simmons is quick.
He's got all the attributes to be a top winger or fullback in the Foden mould IMO. JvP looking ready for 3rd choice and Simmons in turn a back three options have been rare bright spots since the restart.

Overall that was pretty dire. Wallace is a good signing. Smith has bulked up and looks promising. The development squad second rows are good talents. Henry has some silky skills. Steward's basics at the back are very good. Mamukashvili looked sharp. That's about all I've got on individual positives and I can't really think of any as a unit. A frustrating evening to watch.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm

He’s only been here a matter of months give him a chance, or you should have a go at his job trying to build rhythm with a back line that changes every week with a group of players he’s never worked with and haven’t really played with each other.
Do me a favour our attack is worse than my old school second XV and they were schoolboy amateurs
It’s so easy to be an armchair pundit, I get the attacks been pretty awful all day but the weather’s been awful, tactics aren’t in place yet and this team hasn’t played together. It’s so difficult to read someone sat at home handing out grief about the team he supposedly supports when they’re having an awful day. All I’m saying is judge the team at Christmas not now.
our entire attacking plan was to boot the ball back to Bristol and defend, that was it, same as we did before Borthwick came, the only person who could be insisting on that tactic is Murphy, we have learned NOTHING from that game in an attacking sense, no clue if Henry is a playmaker, no clue if Worth and Kelly are good Premiership centres, run good lines have enough pace to play there etc. what we know it our wingers can chase and our 9 and 10 kick
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:11 pm

I see what you mean but it’s difficult to implement tactics when the side is changing every weak so much, I get the frustration I just find it very annoying to read so much negativity from a group of so called ‘fans’
Forums and blogs were invented for the views of fans whether good,bad or indifferent. They are a place to vent ,as long as we are not booing at the ground what’s the problem? Happy clappers who are constantly positive are as bad imo
Yes, sorry I agree that you can vent on here, my point came across wrong. I just don’t agree with all the point making out that all of management should be sacked as that wouldn’t help the club at all because the club needs time to build in this new environment
no all of management, just Geordan Murphy who has shown he is not qualified to run a professional Rugby team
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 pm

No you judge the team constantly not bury your head in the sand expecting jam later that view is precisely why we are where we are. It's time to end the rot we have had years of false dawn's
Honestly asking then, what should the club do now
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I’m more concerned that we’ve got a group of young players getting regularly thumped and whose confidence is likely suffering.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm Why does Borthwick look so calm and content with our performance? :smt022

Suspect that Borthwick has a plan and it will work out in time. These games have given him a chance to see the players and how they adapt themselves. More effort and have kept playing for 80 minutes.
If you continue to practise bad habits, kicking ball away over and over etc, it become s a permanent habit that you cant stop. We need to be practising something more constructive with players that are prepared to run hard at gaps, show some fight, you cant do that if you have just handed the ball back.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:29 pm

our entire attacking plan was to boot the ball back to Bristol and defend, that was it, same as we did before Borthwick came, the only person who could be insisting on that tactic is Murphy, we have learned NOTHING from that game in an attacking sense, no clue if Henry is a playmaker, no clue if Worth and Kelly are good Premiership centres, run good lines have enough pace to play there etc. what we know it our wingers can chase and our 9 and 10 kick
I agree with what your saying but this game was particularly bad because of weather but the club do need to try an actual attacking plan
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

I am starting to drift towards “if the club can’t be bothered,not sure I can”
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

LE18 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Completely agree, judge the club and management at Christmas
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

daktari wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:34 pm I am starting to drift towards “if the club can’t be bothered,not sure I can”
That’s where I’ve been for a while mate sadly
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

We must stop criticising Saracens and thank them for manipulating the salary cap, without their dirty deeds we would be relegated this season, I feel very sorry for Borthwick as he has inherited players signed by Murphy and it is Murphy who should do the decent thing and leave the club, as long as he is employed in any coaching capacity at Tigers we will always be as dire as we are now.