Tigers vs Bristol

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:58 pm Murphy confirms Freddie Steward missed the game against Toulon with a "personal issue".

"We were relieved to get him back out there as soon as possible, so he will feature tomorrow night."

Murphy on the absence of Tom Hardwick and Jordan Olowofela from the squad; both have played twice since the restart:

"Both guys are fit and available, we just selected the side we thought would be best for us. Different players have been putting their hand up and working hard."

Murphy on team selection: "We’ve chosen this block of 8 to 10 games as an opportunity to grow and develop the squad ahead of next season.

"We know we’re not in a position to compete for higher honours, and the Champions Cup is out of our grasp. So we are blooding new players".
Personal issue definitely sounds like a lost passport or similar to me given the rumours. Or even just he didn't have one, a few weeks ago he could have hardly anticipated that he was the most likely starting 15 for a European Semifinal given he's only a development squad player not in the Senior squad.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

MCC1964 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:51 pm Sorry if I’m going over old ground, but where has Tom Hardwick gone? Injured or completely out of favour like someone suggested about Jordan O in an earlier post?
Hardwick has fallen out of favour with the currently coaches so hasn't featured much lately.. not since he was taken off mid-way through the first half against Glos in fact. Not injured as far as I am aware.

I can't see TH getting ahead of Henry in the pecking order anytime soon and with Bonilla inbound for next season I think he's in a similar boat to JO sadly. We have some decent options in midfield too with Moroni, Porter, Scott, Taute, Muri, Worth, Kelly all likely to get the nod ahead of him so not promising.

GM's comment recently pretty much sums it up!
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:15 pm CMK now "Sir"......

That's lessened the chances of a fair & good game.
But increased the chances of the TMO having a busy night...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:34 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:15 pm CMK now "Sir"......

That's lessened the chances of a fair & good game.
But increased the chances of the TMO having a busy night...
Bristol Bears v Leicester Tigers (Ashton Gate, 5.30pm) Live on BT Sport Extra 3HD

Referee: Craig Maxwell-Keys
Assistant Referees: Tom Foley & Paul Dix
TMO: Claire Hodnett

I think CMK is ok.. there are far worse options. Decent assistants and TMO so no complaints from me :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We need to maintain our discipline and take the officials out of the equation.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

We can't have Barnes every week (but it would be nice if we could) :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Noggs wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am We can't have Barnes every week (but it would be nice if we could) :smt040
It would be! Just as long as we don't have the officials from last weekends match against Toulon again! :smt011
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Lets be honest - we've made it easy for the Sirs by giving silly penalties away.
Although last weekend was poor my the Sirs. Did the inflated number supporters have the sway along with two french lines persons and TMO.?

Lets compete but use our heads.And Sirs please martial the offside rule.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It would of been better if Poite had been Sir on Saturday night, the man in the middle was off the scale bad, not sure what game he was watching, but it wasn't the one I watched.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

We're doomed! :smt022

Do our younger up and coming guys really benefit from being well beaten? Just a thought.

As far as next season goes, the one thing we need, which we lack now, is CONFIDENCE!
AshbyTiger

Post by AshbyTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:14 pm We're doomed! :smt022

Do our younger up and coming guys really benefit from being well beaten? Just a thought.

As far as next season goes, the one thing we need, which we lack now, is CONFIDENCE!
In short, yes.
You can learn things in losses as well as wins. It seems to be a constant idea on this forum that it is only possible to learn something when you win.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I wouldnt want Barnes when we are playing Saints! And CMK is awful,nowhere near top league standard
Last edited by Scott1 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Judging by this restart of the season, I believe SB will have an idea what squad he has.
Question -
After these last two games - Are there expected outgoings.
Will we see incommings.
Is the plan taking shape. Are we setting down the DNA.

How much into the next season are we going to keep making excuses for big losses by claiming "we are rebuilding and it takes time"
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:20 pm Judging by this restart of the season, I believe SB will have an idea what squad he has.
Question -
After these last two games - Are there expected outgoings.
Will we see incommings.
Is the plan taking shape. Are we setting down the DNA.

How much into the next season are we going to keep making excuses for big losses by claiming "we are rebuilding and it takes time"
Outgoing - Other than the loan signings (Williams, Forsyth and Jennings) I believe all the squad are in contract for 2020/21.

Incoming - TRP rumours we are looking at prop (development LH/TH), flyhalf (Bonilla signed), outside centre and wing (I wonder if that is dependent on Williams extending, which I hope he does).

How far into next season - If we go far at all performing like this then relegation will be a real possibility, so hopefully not at all. Having the England players available for both Falcons games will be important.