Tigers vs Bristol

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I would fully expect any DOR to assume responsibility for everything, same way Cockers never used to blame anyone else, coaches or players, the buck stopped with him.

Geordan would, IMO, simply be doing the same thing - deflecting any criticism away from other coaches leaving Steve Borthwick et al to get on with things.

As his old quotes are still being served up as hot fodder then it appears to be working.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I'll check back in a day or so when hopefully this thread has returned to talking about Tigers vs Bristol again... :smt024
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am I'll check back in a day or so when hopefully this thread has returned to talking about Tigers vs Bristol again... :smt024
12 tommorow team's announced
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:18 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am I'll check back in a day or so when hopefully this thread has returned to talking about Tigers vs Bristol again... :smt024
12 tommorow team's announced
Thanks TFS, I'll look out for it :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

By which time I think you'll find that its been established that Bill Gates is responsible for team selection and it is all part of a huge conspiracy to ...............
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

2 games left time for some players to double up a bit more.
If Simmons is going to be playing 9 at any point in the future he should start there on Weds.
I hope Lewis gets a start as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Yes forgot about Lewis, if fit he definitely should be starting at 6. Think he’s been out with an illness but hoping to see him back in a Tigers shirt.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If you want to discuss the roles of Murphy et all, please start another thread....this will be kept on discussion for the Bristol game.
Thanks
:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I want us to make a proper go of this. Bristol need the win so let's see what we can do. The season is nearly over and as long as there are no niggles and no one plays a consecutive 80, players can double up. I may be shot down in flames but I am not convinced our genuine 2nd team is that much worse that Bristol's.

That said its far from easy to pick the team. I would start with Clare at hooker with Mamu on the bench and Kerr for the bench at the weekend. Props Gigenga and Heyes. 2nd row Enever and Henderson. Backrow Lewis wallace and coghlan. Half backs are straightforward in White and Henry. Apart from Steward at full back the rest is a lottery. Definitely want Porter but the rest will be down to fitness as much as anything.

What I would want is a loaded bench. Real impact so the likes of Van Wkyk, Genge, Wells, Muri.

It will be interesting to see if Hardwick, McPhilips or Olowofela feature, but I would use this as a chance to really test the players and go for the win.
Last edited by Downsouth on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Downsouth wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:54 pm I want us to make a proper go of this. Bristol need the win so let's see what we can do. The season is nearly over and as long as there are no niggles and no one plays a consecutive 80, players can double up. I may be shouted down in flames but I am not convinced our genuine 2nd team is that much worse that Bristol's.

That said its far from easy to pick the team. I would start with Clare at hooker with Mamu on the bench and Kerr for the bench at the weekend. Props Gigenga and Heyes. 2nd row Enever and Henderson. Backrow Lewis wallace and coghlan. Half backs are straightforward in White and Henry. Apart from Steward at full back the rest is a lottery. Definitely want Porter but the rest will be down to fitness as much as anything.

What I would want is a loaded bench. Real impact so the likes of Van Wkyk, Genge, Wells, Muri.

It will be interesting to see if Hardwick, McPhilips or Olowofela feature, but I would use this as a chance to really test the players and go for the win.
Not the craziest thing I've heard today. I think most would agree that Bristol have built an excellent first XV but if they have a weakness it's their strength in depth. Given our form, and their home advantage (if that makes much difference at the moment) I'd still have them as favourites - definitely not unwinnable though.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Borthenstein has repeatedly said we go into every game to win so I expect his team selection for this game to reflect this.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

We absolutely need to win both the last two matches to salvage any respect, absolutely make sure we would not have been relegated if Sarries hadn't received their punishment, to give credibility to Borthwick, and to give us all some flicking hope that nextseason we might just, just make a teeny weeny impact ... in the meantime bin 14 players who are rubbish and bring in 14 that are not. With zero input from Murphy
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

If your hoping for a win prepare yourself now for a horror show. Get behind the sofa and say goodbye to your loved ones.

Bristol tied in 4th/5th, scored 140 points less and are desperate to make the play offs.

Two bonus point wins and a couple of try fest will help them reach the end of season farse.

And they’ve got an amazing semi :smt002 :smt002

We on the other hand have nothing to play for, will most likely rest all are first choice players and target quins as a possible win/ benchmark game.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Guys - we cant play the 1st XV for all 3 games - so be prepared for a much rotated side tomorrow and a return for the 1st XV on Sunday
Less is more....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I can see all three of Worcester, Irish and Tigers losing Wednesday night. Although Exeter and Saracens don't really have anything to play for, Exeter will not want to lose momentum, and Sarries still have points to prove.

Then it's a straight out fight for effective bottom of the table on Sunday. Worcester and Irish will both lose on Saturday as they are playing Bristol and Sale, fighting for their playoff places. So we have a chance of finishing 9th as we have a better points diff than either of them!! How dare people mock our defence....

Bonus point against Bristol would be really helpful.

Edit: Just looking at the table again. We've won more games than Irish and Lost less than Worcester as we drew a game! Bonus points have really killed us over the last few seasons.