Alex Corbisiero

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Alex Corbisiero

Post by kpj tiger »

Suffering from a testicular cancer relapse, wish him the best and hope to see him back hyping rugby in the US again

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ex-engla ... kD9iuqr_MM
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Alex Corbisiero

Post by ABClub »

Such a shame but from the interviews he's given he certainly has the fight for it.

He was a fantastic loosehead, genuinely world class. Of course we don't know how he'd have adapted to the new scrummaging rules given he was a prop who dominated in the hit - similar to Adam Jones. He was a terrific prop though. His performances for the Lions were outstanding having been out injured for such a long time. The selection meeting for that tour where Wig is adamant about Corbs being first reserve ahead of Ryan Grant is really interesting.

Did he have plans to come out of retirement in MLR?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Not sure he had plans to come out of retirement, but he's doing lots of great work for NBC? promoting the MLR and the game in general over in the States.

Top bloke, wish him the best!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Agreed that he's a good pundit who is doing good work with the MLR. He's the sort of pundit I wish we could see fronting the 6 Nations coverage full time to wake it up from its decade long sleep walk!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I do wish Alex all the best in recovery from this second "bite " I just hope that his Consultants can catch the spread soon enough as so, so many cancer treatments are being postponed or having the radio therapy reduced from eg. 20 sessions down to 5 as they try to catch the backlog caused by this terrible pandemic.
Alex found a unusual growth and fortunately acted quickly however the most common cancer in men is prostate and so many charities in the Midlands are postponing their annual PSA testing sessions ~ these generally "red light" about 8%+ of the participants.
So please particularly if you are over 50 and have found like I did that on match day one pint in meant two out then you too may have a problem and ask your Doctor for a PSA test asap. Mine was I hope caught in time with a high ascending PSA reading so Tiger Men please act now if you suspect a problem.
I am so thankful that the great NHS staff at Coventry & Rugby Hospitals caught it in time and have allowed & will in future allow me to watch Tigers again healthily. Tigers will need all the supporters possible on the eventual restart ~ and I hope you are all there. :smt023
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Can only wish him all the best .
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:16 pm Suffering from a testicular cancer relapse, wish him the best and hope to see him back hyping rugby in the US again

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ex-engla ... kD9iuqr_MM
Very sad news for such a good player, England never got to see the best of him for an extended period
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Very sad,I know he was training MMA with one of the worlds best teams. Elite loose head and I hope he gets well very soon!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer