Romain Poite

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Romain Poite

Post by LE18 »

Watching Clermont v Racing, Poite is coughing badly, sweating and out of breath. Should he be reffing this game, France has loads of Covid, if he has it, he could be spreading it to loads of players. :smt013
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Romain Poite

Post by LE18 »

I wonder if he reffed against Castres recently?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I was under the impression that all players and officials had their temperature taken when they arrived at the ground and were subject to regular testing. You'd certainly hope that the ref had undergone all of that and doesn't have Covid. He could just have a cold or allergies.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Maybe le Gauloise? :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:51 pm I was under the impression that all players and officials had their temperature taken when they arrived at the ground and were subject to regular testing. You'd certainly hope that the ref had undergone all of that and doesn't have Covid. He could just have a cold or allergies.
Did you watch him?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I didn't see Poite but did watch the match in Toulon and some people did stupidly have their masks dangling off their face.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:51 pm I was under the impression that all players and officials had their temperature taken when they arrived at the ground and were subject to regular testing. You'd certainly hope that the ref had undergone all of that and doesn't have Covid. He could just have a cold or allergies.
Did you watch him?
I did and he didn't sound in great health but as someone who suffers from allergies at this time of year you can have a cough that isn't Covid.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

A couple of months ago I had a very high temperature, a cough, sore throat and felt really out of breath and physically exhausted. As I looked in the car mirror to swab my tonsils at the covid test centre I realised I had tonsilitis.

Other illnesses are still available :smt023

I'm sure Poitre would have undergone all the relevant testing and procedures.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Completely agree, there's no way he'd have been in charge of any game after showing symptoms unless he'd tested negative since having symptoms. We're in cold season now, a cough is not covid all the time. Key is he will have followed the protocols applied to him.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:16 am I didn't see Poite but did watch the match in Toulon and some people did stupidly have their masks dangling off their face.
That's everywhere not just in Toulon!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It's funny how people think Covid has suddenly replaced all other diseases.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:00 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:16 am I didn't see Poite but did watch the match in Toulon and some people did stupidly have their masks dangling off their face.
That's everywhere not just in Toulon!
I wouldn't know as I've hardly been anywhere for months.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Don't forget that it was in France and as we all know France only follows the rules it wants to, as per EU. and you can also be tested and shortly after develop something! I don't follow allergies, I suffer from those, coughing like that was suspicious. Maybe Robespierre could keep us posted? No one has replied as to whether he reffed Castres recently! 2 + 2 = 5
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:33 pm
Don't forget that it was in France and as we all know France only follows the rules it wants to, as per EU. and you can also be tested and shortly after develop something! I don't follow allergies, I suffer from those, coughing like that was suspicious. Maybe Robespierre could keep us posted? No one has replied as to whether he reffed Castres recently! 2 + 2 = 5
He did not ref Castres on 13th September or 5th September.
But looking at the crowds and lack of social distancing or masks, it is not a great surprise.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:33 pm
I work in an international group and the European based teams say exactly the same about us. We've asked to be excluded from so many things or so often been the problem child most will be happy to be shot of us.

If he had a cough and it was Covid then I would imagine he'd have had a raised temperature which may not have been high enough for a noticeable fever but would have been picked up on the temperature check when he arrived at the ground.