QF cancelled - Castres forfeit match!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Castres - 20 Sep 20 at 1500

Post by mol2 »

My concern with Taute is he seems so slow that he is a target in defence in the same way a prop is for any back with decent gas.

Likewise in attack - if he gets over the game line he won't get far enough to prevent the opposition defence catching up and realigning.

I'm not sure how quick he was prior to his injuries but if he is to have a future at Preniership level the conditioning coach has got to find a way to speed him up. He is clearly able, skillful and knows where he should be and what to do but the body doesn't seem to respond.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

mol2 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 am My concern with Taute is he seems so slow that he is a target in defence in the same way a prop is for any back with decent gas.

Likewise in attack - if he gets over the game line he won't get far enough to prevent the opposition defence catching up and realigning.

I'm not sure how quick he was prior to his injuries but if he is to have a future at Preniership level the conditioning coach has got to find a way to speed him up. He is clearly able, skillful and knows where he should be and what to do but the body doesn't seem to respond.
Taute is ok, a decent squad player for me. Expect Moroni and Scott to get the nod in midfield next season with Nadolo and Potter also able to fill in if required.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I fear Taufua may also be a doubt - took a nasty bang on his elbow.

Hearing Ford was as much rested as anything for last week, which is good news too.

porter failed his HIA too - not sure its a slam dunk but unlikely to figure
Less is more....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bunchy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm I fear Taufua may also be a doubt - took a nasty bang on his elbow.

Hearing Ford was as much rested as anything for last week, which is good news too.

porter failed his HIA too - not sure its a slam dunk but unlikely to figure
That's a shame about Porter.. Potter into midfield perhaps alongside Scott?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm If Porter is out I would go with Potter or Murimurivalu at 13 with either Williams or Simmons on the wing.
If Porter is out, I would like to see Murimurivalu or Nadolo have a run at centre, certainly Nadolo knows the French team and they know him and what he can do so I think they would be very wary of him running straight at the 10
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

If Porter has failed his HIA then I'd like to see Van Wyk in the squad, just need to decide on what combination of positions to go with now..
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Van Wyk won't be eligible to play in Europe as Tigers weren't able to register him whilst he was not in this country!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:43 pm
RagingBull wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm If Porter is out I would go with Potter or Murimurivalu at 13 with either Williams or Simmons on the wing.
If Porter is out, I would like to see Murimurivalu or Nadolo have a run at centre, certainly Nadolo knows the French team and they know him and what he can do so I think they would be very wary of him running straight at the 10
A frightening prospect for any 10 and would probably result in the 10 playing deep and kicking a lot of ball away. That said I very much doubt it will happen and he is probably best staying on the wing.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

15 Steward
14 Murimurivalu
13 Worth
12 Scott
11 Nadolo
10 Ford
9 Youngs
1 Genge
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Lavanini
5 Green
6 Taufua
7 Reffell
8 Liebenberg

Clare, Gigena, Leitigaga, Wells, Wallace, White, Henry, Potter
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Kockott at 9 for Castres is a typical scrum half. Mouthy, very annoying and normally a pain in the proverbial. We need to keep an eye on him.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:25 pm Kockott at 9 for Castres is a typical scrum half. Mouthy, very annoying and normally a pain in the proverbial. We need to keep an eye on him.
Spot on! A few early hits on him (but not too early!) would be in order. Tigers’ discipline is going to be key as their goal kicker, Urdapilleta, is very reliable on his day. Discipline is a potential weak spot for Castres as they are prone to give away a lot of penalties. Maybe I should give Ellis Genge a call and suggest a few choice French phrases to wind them up!!
Semper in excretia
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:25 pm Kockott at 9 for Castres is a typical scrum half. Mouthy, very annoying and normally a pain in the proverbial. We need to keep an eye on him.
And a classic injury feigner like Sexton.
Last edited by jgriffin on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

fentiger wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:32 pm Van Wyk won't be eligible to play in Europe as Tigers weren't able to register him whilst he was not in this country!
Attached list of present ERC registered Tigers players https://www.epcrugby.com/club/leicester-tigers/#players :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I dont think this is the game to take gambles or play people out of position. From the last game add back Genge, Reffell and Ford then for me its just 6 and centre to look at. Wells is solid enough but Taufua is the better player and also better impact from the bench, but if he is only 90% then start with Wells. At centre, if Porter not fit then I would go with Taute.
Some good players won't be in the 23 which is a great position to be in!