QF cancelled - Castres forfeit match!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: QF cancelled - Castres forfeit match!

Post by kk20gb30 »

The game in France will be a tough ,physical encounter - durability and resilience will be absolutely key....
Irrespective of the circumstances as to how we got there i am looking forward to seeing this - a genuine and meaningful test in a game where stakes are high.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I think we would have beaten Castres and it could have been a good confidence boost. The team needs time on the pitch together more than it needs a semi final in Toulon. Really disappointing, but it is what it is.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I too think we would have beaten Castres with the team we selected. I feel sorry for Castres, the ones who failed the Covid test were apparently not part of the playing/travelling squad so it seems a little harsh that they were not permitted to play the game, however that was not our decision and we are where we are in the semi-final.
I watched Toulon v Scarlets, neither team looked very good playing on a pitch that was simply not upto standard, this is not the Toulon team of a few years ago we can win this in fact I think we will. I wonder where we will play the final against Bristol?
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

After a few key injuries this Toulon side are a much weaker prospect. Anthony Belleau and Etzebeth in particular.

Tigers should be fancying their chances.

Without wishing to be pessimistic, I do wonder whether this match may be under threat with infection rates rising though. It seems very likely we will be back in a nationwide lockdown of sorts in the near future. It's unlikely to be as strict as the first lockdown but may affect flights.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Frankly I think Tigers played brilliantly. A real step up from last week's derby match, and, although the moaning minnies on here will pick apart every error (real or imagined), it's great to see the progress in the team. I think the calls to sack Cockers are totally out of line given the troubled times of late, and I am right behind the lads on this one.

The fact that the match wouldn't have been played yet, and is now not happening at all is completely irrelevant.

:smt002
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Best thing for me was the penalty count was way down on usual. Even Lavinini managed not to get pinged!!
:smt005

Seriously though, I think we have a chance of beating Toulon. I could understand if some of the team were a bit anxious about travelling over there though at the minute.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Could we play the game on Zoom?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well I played the fixture on Rugby Challenge 4, but the Castres team were unlicensed :smt012.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Castres - 20 Sep 20 at 1500

Post by Big Dai »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:19 am
Tiglon wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:41 pm
ourla wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 pm
I would seriously hope he isn't on the bench because of fitness. If he isn't fit he should be getting treatment, resting or rehabbing.
There is such a thing as fit enough to do 40 minutes.
I think pretty much since the restart they've been managing an issue with Taufua. Very few players are ever 100% fit a week after a rugby match, they're managing him well and with 2 back row subs I can say that with an early injury Wallace will be first on!
Latest injury report from GM states JT needs surgery on the knee.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"