Formerly of this parish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Dangerous4 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Parling was a truly great player for us.

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Robespierre » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:33 am

Valentino Mapapalangi has 7 on his back in Rouen's starting XV in tonight's ProD2 match against Carcassonne.
(Carl Fearns is at 8)
Semper in excreta

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6292
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by JP14 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:48 am

Robespierre wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:33 am
Valentino Mapapalangi has 7 on his back in Rouen's starting XV in tonight's ProD2 match against Carcassonne.
(Carl Fearns is at 8)
Mapapalangi will always be one of those players who I wish could have been more here. I suppose he wasn't helped by being messed about selection wise & weight wise, but his laziness in defence had always gone against him.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Tiglon » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:36 pm

JP14 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:48 am
Robespierre wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:33 am
Valentino Mapapalangi has 7 on his back in Rouen's starting XV in tonight's ProD2 match against Carcassonne.
(Carl Fearns is at 8)
Mapapalangi will always be one of those players who I wish could have been more here. I suppose he wasn't helped by being messed about selection wise & weight wise, but his laziness in defence had always gone against him.
Wasn't he one of MOC's famously underwhelming signings? He hasn't been a huge success either during, before or after Tigers, so it was probably best to let him move on. Not every big Pacific Islander is a brilliant rugby player.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6292
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by JP14 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:05 pm

I believe he might have been pre MOC and was trialling with the club before his arrival, I'm not sure. Whatever the case I can agree somewhat, although you are hardly gonna set the world on fire playing for Rouen.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Tiglon » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:20 pm

https://www.leicestertigers.com/player/ ... apapalangi

Apparently he still plays for Tigers, so you may get your wish anyway! Not sure how he's going to manage the travel between Rouen and here though, especially in the current situation...

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Robespierre » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:11 am

Matt Toomua is in the Wallabies starting XV in Sunday's match against NZ in Wellington.
NZ rugby wanted to fill the stadium with 34,500 fans - which isn't many for a top class Test!, but there are still 5,000 tickets to be sold.
Semper in excreta

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6292
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by JP14 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Like the look of both teams to be honest! Tupou Vaa'i, Sotutu and Caleb Clarke all in line for All Black debuts.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Robespierre » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:15 pm

Kalamafoni is in Scarlets' back row for their trip to Glasgow on Sunday.
Semper in excreta

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Robespierre » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:24 am

I've just read that former Tiger, Leon Lloyd, is a member of the rugby disciplinary panel that will adjudicate on the citing of Bernard le Roux's alleged foul play against Alun Wyn Jones in last Saturday's France v Wales match in Paris.

Good man, Leon!
Semper in excreta

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am

Robespierre wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:24 am
I've just read that former Tiger, Leon Lloyd, is a member of the rugby disciplinary panel that will adjudicate on the citing of Bernard le Roux's alleged foul play against Alun Wyn Jones in last Saturday's France v Wales match in Paris.

Good man, Leon!
Another poacher turned gamekeeper..Leon was never backwards in coming forwards.
To win is not as important as playing with style!

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by kk20gb30 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 am

...often , these are the guys that you want sitting on this type of panel ....
'takes a thief to catch a thief..'

Good luck to him.

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am

kk20gb30 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 am
...often , these are the guys that you want sitting on this type of panel ....
'takes a thief to catch a thief..'

Good luck to him.
Well that's Callum Clark sorted in the future then......
To win is not as important as playing with style!

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by kk20gb30 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:20 am

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am
kk20gb30 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 am
...often , these are the guys that you want sitting on this type of panel ....
'takes a thief to catch a thief..'

Good luck to him.
Well that's Callum Clark sorted in the future then......
....with in the bounds of taste and reason , of course...

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7271
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by jgriffin » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 pm

kk20gb30 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:20 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am
kk20gb30 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 am
...often , these are the guys that you want sitting on this type of panel ....
'takes a thief to catch a thief..'

Good luck to him.
Well that's Callum Clark sorted in the future then......
....with in the bounds of taste and reason , of course...
Probably more likely to become a magistrate then....... :smt046
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests