Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Crofty »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:37 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm Not sure if this was posted when the appointment was made last year. Louis Deacon is the forwards coach of the England Womens team, starting their 6 Nations campaign today. Tbere is an article in The Times today.
currently 57-5 up, total domination, though disgracefully the Scottish women are NOT full time professionals, SRU hang your heads ...
It was only 2019 when England became the first national women's 15 a side squad to go full time professional and the RFU is far richer giant than the SRU minnow so let's not get too high and mighty...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Crofty wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:51 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:37 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm Not sure if this was posted when the appointment was made last year. Louis Deacon is the forwards coach of the England Womens team, starting their 6 Nations campaign today. Tbere is an article in The Times today.
currently 57-5 up, total domination, though disgracefully the Scottish women are NOT full time professionals, SRU hang your heads ...
It was only 2019 when England became the first national women's 15 a side squad to go full time professional and the RFU is far richer giant than the SRU minnow so let's not get too high and mighty...
yes it took the RFU too long but that doesn't mean the SRU aren't a disgrace in not paying their players, I'm not talking massive money I'm talking a living wage
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ck-6880215

EDIT forgot to say an interesting article on the Tom Hardwick situation.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Nice to see Brink playing well for the Bulls.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:39 pm Nice to see Brink playing well for the Bulls.
Yes, very good player!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

In an article on Dom Barrow in the Telegraph:

“I wanted to change the rhetoric from being the trialist that is now a Sale Sharks player to being the guy that was the marquee player at Northampton Saints and a future England international.”

He was a marquee player at Saints? Surprising!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

No6_Flanker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:14 pm In an article on Dom Barrow in the Telegraph:

“I wanted to change the rhetoric from being the trialist that is now a Sale Sharks player to being the guy that was the marquee player at Northampton Saints and a future England international.”

Pretty sure he couldn't have been a marquee player at Saints, having been with Tigers in the previous salary cap year... :smt017

He was also never a future England international, due to the fact that he did not become an England international. He might have hoped to be a future England international, but that's something entirely different.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:55 pm
No6_Flanker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:14 pm In an article on Dom Barrow in the Telegraph:

Pretty sure he couldn't have been a marquee player at Saints, having been with Tigers in the previous salary cap year... :smt017

He was also never a future England international, due to the fact that he did not become an England international. He might have hoped to be a future England international, but that's something entirely different.
I think the quote is that he still plans to become an international!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:59 pm

:smt044 good luck to him!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:02 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:59 pm

:smt044 good luck to him!
My feelings on the subject too!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

That footage of him having a beer in the stand at Welford road will haunt him forever
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

How many caps has Charlie Ewells got...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:43 pm How many caps has Charlie Ewells got...
This! Dom at his best,which wasn't seen a lot mind you,was better than any version of Ewels. I expect he's one of these "lineout gurus" you hear about
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

It might seem daft, but England don't have a surplus of 2m tall, 120+kg locks. Now that Kruis is retired, Launchbury is the heaviest lock England will be able to feasibly play.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LekkerTigers wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:29 pm It might seem daft, but England don't have a surplus of 2m tall, 120+kg locks. Now that Kruis is retired, Launchbury is the heaviest lock England will be able to feasibly play.
Chessum is only 2kg shy and I’d take him every day over Barrow