Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:17 pm
parvacat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:59 pm Just looked at Manu's stats since moving to Sale.

In 2.5 seasons he has appeared 16 times, totaling 951 minutes on the pitch and scoring 10 points. A value for money signing?

I wish him well on Saturday and loved him playing for us, but.....
Hmmm I seem to remember Steve Diamond saying he would be able to keep him fit and on the pitch more thanwe had...
Yeah, that aged well, didn't it? :smt044
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fentiger wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:24 pm
parvacat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:59 pm Just looked at Manu's stats since moving to Sale.

In 2.5 seasons he has appeared 16 times, totaling 951 minutes on the pitch and scoring 10 points. A value for money signing?

I wish him well on Saturday and loved him playing for us, but.....
Hmmm I seem to remember Steve Diamond saying he would be able to keep him fit and on the pitch more thanwe had...
Even when he has played, he's been far from his best (or is being used really badly, I'm looking at you Sanderson!). On top of just 2 tries, he's made 1 try assist and only 5 clean breaks in those 2 and a half season. This season he's missed a quarter of his attempted tackles.

This season Matt Scott has made 30% more metres per carry than Manu and made 5 times as many clean breaks per carry. Oh, and missed less than half as many tackles from more than twice as many attempts.

This season Guy Porter has made 50% more metres per carry than Manu and beaten more than twice as many defenders per carry. Oh, and missed the same amount of tackles from 50% more attempts.

Kelly doesn't have any stats listed on the Prem Rugby website, probably because one of the Tuilagi clan bribed PR to remove them so as to limit the embarrassment...
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:04 pm
fentiger wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Even when he has played, he's been far from his best (or is being used really badly, I'm looking at you Sanderson!). On top of just 2 tries, he's made 1 try assist and only 5 clean breaks in those 2 and a half season. This season he's missed a quarter of his attempted tackles.

This season Matt Scott has made 30% more metres per carry than Manu and made 5 times as many clean breaks per carry. Oh, and missed less than half as many tackles from more than twice as many attempts.

This season Guy Porter has made 50% more metres per carry than Manu and beaten more than twice as many defenders per carry. Oh, and missed the same amount of tackles from 50% more attempts.

Kelly doesn't have any stats listed on the Prem Rugby website, probably because one of the Tuilagi clan bribed PR to remove them so as to limit the embarrassment...
Proves that Tigers are getting much better value.

Interesting listening to Ashton he had seven stitches in each eyebrow after Manu sorted him!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fentiger wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:08 pm Proves that Tigers are getting much better value.
And, I would suggest, it proves that Tigers are giving much better value to their players.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I remember just before he left that Tigers S & C team said that they knew how to manage Manu in terms of training and game time and were sharing this information with England.
That all seems to have gone by the wayside now. A great player when he is fit and healthy but how often is that. Apart from the match v New Zealand in the World Cup I’m struggling to remember a match winning world class performance from him
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:25 pm I remember just before he left that Tigers S & C team said that they knew how to manage Manu in terms of training and game time and were sharing this information with England.
That all seems to have gone by the wayside now. A great player when he is fit and healthy but how often is that. Apart from the match v New Zealand in the World Cup I’m struggling to remember a match winning world class performance from him
New Zealand at Twickenham in 2012 sticks in my memory, as does Tigers v South Africa 2009. Two performances against reigning world champions that were absolutely sensational for different reasons. Just think what he could have achieved over the last 10 years without all the injuries :smt009
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:06 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:25 pm I remember just before he left that Tigers S & C team said that they knew how to manage Manu in terms of training and game time and were sharing this information with England.
New Zealand at Twickenham in 2012 sticks in my memory, as does Tigers v South Africa 2009. Two performances against reigning world champions that were absolutely sensational for different reasons. Just think what he could have achieved over the last 10 years without all the injuries :smt009
Fair point 2 games 10 and 12 years ago, maybe past his best in 2022
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I really don’t think Manu deserves to be in there ! We’ll be bringing Rory Underwood back next !
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Former Tigers and England 10, Toby Flood is starting the Varsity match for Cambridge.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Matt To’omua at 10 and George Worth on the bench for the Melbourne Rebels yesterday against the Fijian Drua
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:55 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:06 pm
Fair point 2 games 10 and 12 years ago, maybe past his best in 2022
Manu, unfortunately, just didn't deliver on the promise of his early years. The lad has a great future behind him.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out......
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Not sure if this was posted when the appointment was made last year. Louis Deacon is the forwards coach of the England Womens team, starting their 6 Nations campaign today. Tbere is an article in The Times today.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm Not sure if this was posted when the appointment was made last year. Louis Deacon is the forwards coach of the England Womens team, starting their 6 Nations campaign today. Tbere is an article in The Times today.
currently 57-5 up, total domination, though disgracefully the Scottish women are NOT full time professionals, SRU hang your heads ...