Formerly of this parish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Robespierre »

Peter Betham is to leave Clermont and join ProD2 club Provence on a two-year contract.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sure we can't tempt him back? :smt010
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Good to see Brendon O'Connor playing for the Crusaders vs the Brumbies!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:17 am Good to see Brendon O'Connor playing for the Crusaders vs the Brumbies!
Loved me some BOC,top player!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:05 am
kpj tiger wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:17 am Good to see Brendon O'Connor playing for the Crusaders vs the Brumbies!
Loved me some BOC,top player!
Yeah, when he was fit and firing he was some player. Problem was keeping him fit. Real shame we didn't get to see more of him and I doubt being under the microscope as Salvo's replacement made it any easier.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Interesting end to Eastmond's career:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57143061

I wonder how it would have panned out for him if he'd taken the contract offer with us? I don't think he would have survived the Borthwick cull personally.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well ........I think it was more than evident whilst at Tigers.
He was a very good player. Possibly trying to hold on for as long as his ability allowed.

Its a better man who knows when to call time.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Speak of change of career, Tim Stimpson got an unbeaten century for Kibworth's 4s at the weekend.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

bendy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:27 pm Interesting end to Eastmond's career:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57143061

I wonder how it would have panned out for him if he'd taken the contract offer with us? I don't think he would have survived the Borthwick cull personally.
Well done to him for not just taking the money and cruising. Hope he finds something else. Can be hard for pro sportspeople.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Dan Tuohy to take up a coaching position at Malone academy.Spent a short time here , could have done with him in his prime :

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ex-irela ... etirement/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Andrew Symons (Tigers 2012/13?) is at centre in the Vannes starting XV in this afternoon's ProD2 semi-final against Biarritz.
Semper in excretia
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Just spotted on BBC Sport that Jamie Gibson has left Gloucester. I thought he always played well for us and was disappointed he moved to Saints. Having only joined Gloucester last November it seems the 6 games he played weren't enough to extend his contract.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

WirralExile wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm Just spotted on BBC Sport that Jamie Gibson has left Gloucester. I thought he always played well for us and was disappointed he moved to Saints. Having only joined Gloucester last November it seems the 6 games he played weren't enough to extend his contract.
Their list of leavers has some core players in it, wonder if they are having to trim more now because they didn't act last year?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WirralExile wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm Just spotted on BBC Sport that Jamie Gibson has left Gloucester. I thought he always played well for us and was disappointed he moved to Saints. Having only joined Gloucester last November it seems the 6 games he played weren't enough to extend his contract.
Not 31 until September. Should think he'll be offered something somewhere. If not in the Prem then maybe Ealing. Not a Borthwick style signing.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Very nice article in todays Daily Telegraph Sport regarding Robin Cowling, 77, now a sheep farmer, former Tigers Prop, he was in charge of Exeter's Academy from 2001 until 2018 and discovered at least 5 of their current stars, down in Devon and Cornwall, including Nowell, 2 Simmons, Hill, Slade, and Cowan-Dickie and Conlon. He continues to assist and Exeter wont let him retire. Some talent spotter! :smt045