European competitions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: European competitions

Post by Tigerbeat »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:33 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 pm Final to be played at Ashton Gate!
Did not know that, how is that fair! Dozens of empty sports stadiums around the country at the mo and we might have to go and play the final as an away fixture!
That was mentioned in commentary last night, however if Toulon win then they will have home advantage against Bristol....guess home advantage goes to the highest ranked side after the pool stages.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:03 am Cracking game but I agree with others that both sides really were officiated poorly. I thought Bristol could have switched it up and gone for the match-winning drop goal instead of going for the try in the last few minutes of normal time. It’s a long season and playing a 100 minute game isn’t going to do many favours.

It’ll be interesting if we face them in the final as that means we will play them twice in a short space of time.
I guess it’ll be 2nds v 2nds on Wednesday unless Bristol feel the need to go strong in search of a playoff place.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Allez Racing!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Racing win then,I’d usually be gutted for an English team but if Sarries hadn’t have been caught cheating they would’ve most likely won this with their squad,so karma for me
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

They had the edge in the set scrum and that was decisive. Now for a Toulouse victory!
Semper in excretia
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:01 pm Racing win then,I’d usually be gutted for an English team but if Sarries hadn’t have been caught cheating they would’ve most likely won this with their squad,so karma for me
Completely agree. Generally I like to see the English clubs do well to however I'm pleased Sarries are out. Would have been a travesty if they'd won it again and frankly bad for the support if the proven cheats had won the biggest prize in club rugby.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:08 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:01 pm Racing win then,I’d usually be gutted for an English team but if Sarries hadn’t have been caught cheating they would’ve most likely won this with their squad,so karma for me
Completely agree. Generally I like to see the English clubs do well to however I'm pleased Sarries are out. Would have been a travesty if they'd won it again and frankly bad for the support if the proven cheats had won the biggest prize in club rugby.
Also agree.

Competition seems a whole lot cleaner now, IMO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Relieved Sarries went out, I would have been uncomfortable with them winning the trophy.

Racing were ambitious but ragged for much of the game, but they knew it just needed to come together once - and it did. Brilliant try to win the game, typical Finn Russell performance.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Glad sarries lost. They don’t deserve to be in the competition. They cheated to get where they are and makes a mockery that they have 3 stars.
Not earned but cheated.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:14 pm Glad sarries lost. They don’t deserve to be in the competition. They cheated to get where they are and makes a mockery that they have 3 stars.
Not earned but cheated.
Same, should have been booted from the competition seeing as they cheated in qualifying.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It's Chiefs vs Racing92 final! Baxter's job secure now they've finally made it to the final. I think they have it in them to win. :smt025
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Apparently the final is at Ashton Gate. I'd probably put my money on Chiefs there, but Racing are a brilliant team when it all comes together.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’ll be supporting Racing,detest Chiefs!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'm drinking at Sandy Park this weekend, and since my ST holding sibs live 100m from the suspension bridge, I will join with all 5 Griffin sibs, numerousf nephews and nieces and - reluctantly - I must support Chiefs. :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:24 pm I'm drinking at Sandy Park this weekend, and since my ST holding sibs live 100m from the suspension bridge, I will join with all 5 Griffin sibs, numerousf nephews and nieces and - reluctantly - I must support Chiefs. :smt003
So JG you are mixing families, not isolating, drinking at the bars in Sandy Park at the age of 69? And probably think they shut the bars at 22:00 because Covid is in bed!!! It's all political like Corbyn's brother..
I hope you are well away from our seats in the Crumbie when we are finally allowed back in. :smt013
My old Boss would call you a Cupid St**t. Respect the silent killer.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!