European competitions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: European competitions

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Cracking game between Bristol and Bordeaux.. very high standard of rugby. Bristol just turning it up a notch....
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:02 pm Cracking game between Bristol and Bordeaux.. very high standard of rugby. Bristol just turning it up a notch....
So good, didn't want half time to come! Not sure which I'd rather play, extremely nervous of both.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:04 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:02 pm Cracking game between Bristol and Bordeaux.. very high standard of rugby. Bristol just turning it up a notch....
So good, didn't want half time to come! Not sure which I'd rather play, extremely nervous of both.
I was just thinking exactly that! I feel like I’m watching the match in fast forward the play is so quick!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ref seems to want Bristol in the final! :smt002
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Harsh on Bordeaux if they end up losing because of an injury to their 7 who played his heart out. Daft that you're only allowed a sub for HIA or blood.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I think the ref is missing so many errors, holding on, coming in from side forward passes etc etc but its made for a very fast exciting game.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

LE18 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:59 pm I think the ref is missing so many errors, holding on, coming in from side forward passes etc etc but its made for a very fast exciting game.
Strange that Murphy and Adamson have been given the semi finals. They are consistently two of the poorest refs in the pro 14.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Brizz in the final. Very well played - on high power throughout
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:10 pm Brizz in the final. Very well played - on high power throughout
They will take some beating after that display, whoever has to meet them!

Not many aimless box kicking, or kicking the ball away in that game!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Final to be played at Ashton Gate!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Have to say Bordeaux were unlucky not to win that in normal time. Diabolical refereeing by Murphy...some unbelievable decisions given and a lot missed.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Cracking game but I agree with others that both sides really were officiated poorly. I thought Bristol could have switched it up and gone for the match-winning drop goal instead of going for the try in the last few minutes of normal time. It’s a long season and playing a 100 minute game isn’t going to do many favours.

It’ll be interesting if we face them in the final as that means we will play them twice in a short space of time.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 pm Final to be played at Ashton Gate!
Did not know that, how is that fair! Dozens of empty sports stadiums around the country at the mo and we might have to go and play the final as an away fixture!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Bristol under Pat Lam always easy on the eye - for the neutral they produce what is a good advert for 'our' game.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:33 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 pm Final to be played at Ashton Gate!
Did not know that, how is that fair! Dozens of empty sports stadiums around the country at the mo and we might have to go and play the final as an away fixture!
Where did you hear that? EPC website still says tbc: https://www.epcrugby.com/finals/