England Players Agree to a Salary cut for 1 year

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

England Players Agree to a Salary cut for 1 year

Post by MurphysLaw »

The beeb report that the England squad have agreed to a 25% wage cut for a year owing to the effects of the virus on the game.
So this affects messrs Youngs and Ford,.... oh, and a certain prominent ex-Tiger!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54128877
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: England Players Agree to a Salary cut for 1 year

Post by fentiger »

OK, what about the Blazers taking a cut too? :smt017
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:41 pm OK, what about the Blazers taking a cut too? :smt017
The executive management team accepted 25% pay cuts back in June. There were also a lot of redundancies in June/July. I can't confirm whether any of those affected wear blazers.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

So if Manu has accepted this. Could it or would this have any affect on his legal dispute with Tigers, if indeed he is actually in a legal dispute with Tigers....
The basis for the wage cuts are the same, so why is one acceptable and another not?
Obvs amounts will be different...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ads wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:55 pm So if Manu has accepted this. Could it or would this have any affect on his legal dispute with Tigers, if indeed he is actually in a legal dispute with Tigers....
The basis for the wage cuts are the same, so why is one acceptable and another not?
I think the difference is that he has chosen to accept one of them, whereas he has (within his rights, depending on his contract) rejected the other one and been sacked for it.

If I agree to let my wife borrow my car, it doesn't mean I therefore consent to anyone or everyone else borrowing my car.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:41 pm OK, what about the Blazers taking a cut too? :smt017
The executive management team accepted 25% pay cuts back in June. There were also a lot of redundancies in June/July. I can't confirm whether any of those affected wear blazers.
Thanks for that, with all what's been going on I missed that info
:smt023
beech2

Post by beech2 »

Just thought he could have appreciated the financial problems faced by the club that has been loyal to him for many years through the various problems he had. Obviously he didn't want to upset the RFU to assist his England and Lions selection.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

beech2 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:39 pm Just thought he could have appreciated the financial problems faced by the club that has been loyal to him for many years through the various problems he had. Obviously he didn't want to upset the RFU to assist his England and Lions selection.
Without taking sides - there's a massive difference between agreeing to a pay cut of your main salary and the bonus payments on top of it. Players can easily lose their England place.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:21 pm
ads wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:55 pm So if Manu has accepted this. Could it or would this have any affect on his legal dispute with Tigers, if indeed he is actually in a legal dispute with Tigers....
I think the difference is that he has chosen to accept one of them, whereas he has (within his rights, depending on his contract) rejected the other one and been sacked for it.

If I agree to let my wife borrow my car, it doesn't mean I therefore consent to anyone or everyone else borrowing my car.
How ridiculous even suggesting to lend "your car" to the wife, ~ how many bits do want it back in? :smt017
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I believe JP Doyle was a casualty of this redundancy but I could have suggested at least three other Referees that were worse!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

wormus wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:06 pm
I believe JP Doyle was a casualty of this redundancy but I could have suggested at least three other Referees that were worse!
Only 3?....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 pm
wormus wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Only 3?....
Yes I was being very generous but I would include 6 Assistants and 8 TMO's ~ Rowan Kitt, David Rose, Sean Davey, Nigel Carrick etc Yes I do realise that without them we would have no game but let us have the same words on the hymn sheets!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

.....without the threat of Legal Action ... :smt002
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....