Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Saints

Post by Robespierre »

ourla wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:44 pm Dare I have a bit of optimism for Sunday’s match? 🤔
Yes, if you are thinking we will lose by 10.
😄
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:02 pm is Hardwick injured? McPhillips over him is an odd choice given the latter hasn't impressed much, yet again 3 second rows start, I really dislike this trend, especially as we have left Taufua on the bench to do it.

What exactly is the injury to Ford? Also wondering when we will see Mamukusvilli make a match day squad
"injury to lower limb"
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:02 pm is Hardwick injured? McPhillips over him is an odd choice given the latter hasn't impressed much, yet again 3 second rows start, I really dislike this trend, especially as we have left Taufua on the bench to do it.

What exactly is the injury to Ford? Also wondering when we will see Mamukusvilli make a match day squad
With Mamukusvilli, think it was GM that said they were taking a super cautious approach with player fitness and availability, especially in the front row due to the various strains on the body
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Noggs wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:46 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:54 pm
Old Hob wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm Disappointed by T Youngs return. Hoping for the best but expect any line out in decent attacking position to go horribly wrong.
Post a toro

Est bonum quadrigis.
Si pugnabit sicut unum
Si quis putas est
Non sine causa munera
Victoria enim nostrum

Or.

From behind the couch.
It's a good team
If we fight as one
If we think as one
Without giving gifts
Victory will be ours

As you say "everything is better when said in Latin.

Keep the Faith.
Impressed with the Latin Dai :smt040
Thank you Google translate. Just felt a bit Gladiator! Chalkie White would be turning in his grave! (My old Latin teacher not the tigers ex coach!)

Plus the translation going back is miles off the one going forward.
Last edited by Big Dai on Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Tom Youngs , I believe, has played well since Re - Start.He will also bring fire ,drive and competitiveness to the side.I welcome his inclusion on this occasion.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Cant fault OTY since the return, whether he should be the onfield captain is another matter, but in that XV probably the least worse option.

Never got this playing a lock at 6, but with Reffell & Brink not available Taufua on bench is the best option there for balance, but we loose on the run on XV.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Really excited to see Murimurivalu in the side, and Porter and Henry with the 1st team - they've both earned the opportunity. Taufua seems to sometimes have a bigger impact off the bench and has played quite a lot already. Tom Youngs has been really good and is clearly our best hooker at the moment. I think Liebenberg is at his best at 8.

Hoping for a win.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Have a bad feeling about Sunday. Saints past form meanings nothing going into the derby. I do like the look of our XV, plus we have some power to come off the bench.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:24 pm Have a bad feeling about Sunday. Saints past form meanings nothing going into the derby. I do like the look of our XV, plus we have some power to come off the bench.
There is also the fact this is the first time post restart saints are playing a ‘1st XV’ before they were the only side mixing it up.

I’m a fan of Porter but think they will really look to target him in that 13 channel as can get out of position in defence - they would have targeted Taute for his lack of pace so probably right selection.

Particularly looking forward to seeing Murimurivalu play and hoping for a win but not expecting one.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

As with every game , hoping for the win ( although in terms of the season it matters very little) and carry with me a fair degree of optimism for Sunday.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm Disappointed by T Youngs return. Hoping for the best but expect any line out in decent attacking position to go horribly wrong.
How many lineouts did Kerr lose on Wednesday?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Concerned about not having Ford at 10. I hope I am wrong.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Ever hopeful, beating our Midlands rival is always satisfying and this team look good enough to do it
COME ON YOU TIGERRrrrsssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:51 pm Tom Youngs , I believe, has played well since Re - Start.He will also bring fire ,drive and competitiveness to the side.I welcome his inclusion on this occasion.
Agreed. I hold my hand up....I thought Kerr would come through and take the 2 jersey. He still might. Borthwick’s attention to detail seems to have paid dividends and you can’t fault Tom for effort and energy. We seem to be setting up and getting the ball in quicker. Green is also key to this.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

What is really pleasing to see is that in my eyes at least the coaching team really seem to be rewarding form more than previous years, even if they are playing in thrashings if they are showing potential in the games they will get game time.